Priceline Hotel: London end of october

mmj89
By mmj89,
in

My boyfriend and I are going to London in the end of october, 23-27th.

A friend of mine recommended priceline, but I've never tried it before.

The areas I've looked at so far is :

Mayfair/Soho

Westminister

Kensinngton/Chelsea

Are there any other areas you would recommend? We would like to live as central as possible for attractions etc.

To be on the safe side, as we dont know what hotel we've booked until it's final, we are looking for hotels that are rated 4 stars or more.

Our budget maximum is 170 usd/night. (I guess this excludes 5 star hotels, but 4 star hotels are fine :)

Thank you for any replies :)

Regards Maike, Norway

You might look at the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins (just above on this page). Enter your dates (or even a longer range up to 14 days) and select Other Countries - Priceline. You will see the results some bidders have reported here.

I personally think London is easy enough to move around in, that I usually just bid all zones. Or at least all the more central ones. It seems the things I want to do are usually scattered across the city and I end up using the tube or bus anyway.

Romelle

HOTWIRE has a 5* hotel in the Kensington-Chelsea-Battersea Park zone for $205/nite, so a 5* on PRICELINE at $170/nite may not be totally out of the question... did you want to try for a 5* hotel up to your limit first OR is your goal for this stay the least expensive 4* or better?

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry I didnt reply earlier, there has been som changes.

New travelling dates: oct 30th - nov 02.

Still 2 people

I think a 4 star will do :)

Our budget maximum is still 170 usd/night.

Preffered areas are Mayfair/Soho and Westminister, depending on the price. If Kensington is a lot cheaper, then Kensington is preffered.

What is the guesstimated price difference between M/S and Kensington?

Interesting question.

A VERY quick look shows me Kensington mostly between $90 and $100, and Westminister mostly between $100 and $120. M/S seems a little higher than Westminister. If you just enter "london" in the Quick Search box, you can see how much they vary though. I was trying to stay on just PRICELINE and just 4*.

I've wondered this very issue before, and hope anyone with more insight will jump in and supply better numbers.

Romelle

For this stay i think that Kensington may go for ~$90-$120 (give or take) while the other two zones will be somewhat more.

At the 4* level you do have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

This is how i would bid based upon your preferences above...

Select 4* Westminster...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair-Soho...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Westminster and Mayfair-Soho...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Kensington...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add Westminster...

Bid $90, if rejected add Mayfair-Soho...

Bid $95

If the above is rejected don't get discouraged as the bids above are at the low end of the accepted ranges and is lowballing a bit. If rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]