Hotwire Hotel: Toronto Downtown East 4* - Need Identification Help

Dodging Wrenches
By Dodging Wrenches,
in

I would like to book the weekend of Oct 15-17 in downtown Toronto, as close to the Westin Harbour Castle as possible, for my CMA convocation which will take place at the Westin. The "special rate" they negotiated for us is $220 a night, which I find ludicrous. I do see Toronto Downtown East 4* with Fitness, Restaurant, Business, High Speed, Spa and it's recommended by 80% of users and it is $144 a night for those dates. It *could* be the Westin Harbour, but I don't want to risk being stuck up in Yorkville.

Now to my dilemma. To avoid Yorkville, I could opt for a Downtown Toronto West. BUT, I had a TERRIBLE experience at the Sheraton last time I was there. My room got broken into and my laptop and purse stolen (on my 30th birthday no less), and the staff didn't really care to do too much about it. They claim there are no security cameras or anything there, and that this "never happens". I believe it was an inside job to be honest (too many strange things I won't get into here). They did in the end give me some SPG points to compensate, but I'd still rather avoid the place.

Downtown West I LOVE the InterContinental. Is there some way to tell the two (InterContinental and Sheraton) apart? Percentage of reviewers recommending? I've booked downtown west 4* three times so far, and once I got lucky with the InterContinental, and twice I ended up at the Sheraton.

Thanks!

Downtown Toronto East 3.5* Hotel?, Oct 15-17, 2010

I just browsed the above, and I notice there is a 3.5* in downtown east with no smoking, fitness, pool, restaurant, business, internet. Normally, I'd assume this is the Delta Chelsea because of the pool, BUT, it says "We are still gathering reviews for this property." and I just booked the Delta Chelsea within the last half hour (different dates) and it had 80% recommended. Could this be a new hotel?

Please add the information requested to your previous Hotwire Toronto thread (how to still view the full list of amenities is given in our reply to that thread)

Then click this HOTWIRE link and reply to this thread... we'll then have a look at your situation above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Neither the Sheraton or the Inter-Continental has been reported with the exact amenity combination above so while it may be one of these, if it were, it would be a new amenity combination so no insight as to which may be more likely then the other (or could be a different hotel entirely)

How about the well reviewed Cambridge Suites for $154/nite... would that work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]