Priceline Hotel: 3* Cincinnati (Riverfront-Covington) Radisson

BlueCrazy
By BlueCrazy,
in

Maybe something going on that weekend? Just did this a week or so ago. Started here as always - even found a win for that weekend in covington but I didn't have the same luck. Err... I thought I saw it here somewhere... can't find it now.

4* @ $50 downtown

added 3.5* (this worked last time)

added riverfront/convington @ $55

added ft mitchell @ $60

added 3*

Didn't plan my rebids very well, I assumed the 3.5* downtown for 50-55 would work as it has many many times. Have plenty of time though, will try again tomorrow.

Not sure if this matters/helps, but Expedia's "unpublished rate" (which is similar maybe even run by hotwire?) usually has that 3.5* downtown as an option EXCEPT for that weekend. The Miami/Cinci game really pack the place??!

Do they sometimes release more rooms closer to the date?

Hotels are constantly adding/removing inventory as well as increasing/decreasing the price of inventory, based upon the supply/demand (ie- occupancy levels) at the hotel. See the "bid early or close to check-in" link in our PRICELINE FAQ for further info.

Which zone(s) are acceptable? Did you want to bid up to your limit for a 4*, then if rejected lower your star rating to a 3.5*, then if rejected lower again to a 3*?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm thinking of trying for 4/3.5 and running that up to my max...

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR would your goal at first be the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR would your goal at first be the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay?

Least expensive 3.5 or better. My plan right now is to start @ $55 3.5, +4* and try 60, add Ft Mitchell and try 65, add Cinci Northwest try 70

Wait 24, and try again except starting at 3*

I'll probably just repeat that pattern up to my date, unless you have a better strategy?

My plan right now is to start @ $55 3.5, +4* and try 60...

This won't work... the star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept and PRICELINE will always look to upgrade you if possible. Therefore when bidding 3.5* PRICELINE also checks for 4* hotels, and would therefore your reject your 2nd bid as a duplicate.

I would try as follows:

At the 3.5* level you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown and Covington...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations, your price of $65 was accepted by Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront

I did change my plan as you suggested and ran the 3.5/4 up to 70 with no luck. I closed the browser and started again with 3* $55 Covington (aiming for the Radisson, it's on Hotwire for 76)

Got the "This one time we'll let you increase your bid to $70 without changing anything" message - which normally in the past means I'm getting close :)

Added downtown and increase to 60

Added Ft Mitchell and increased to 65

Never been to this property before, but the website says complimentary parking - that alone should save me $30 over the downtown hotels.

Thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]