Hotwire Hotel: Need Help ID-ing in San Jose

juneluv11
By juneluv11,
in

I'm not seeing any of the same properties that you're seeing above... are you searching HOTWIRE for more then one room or for something other then the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click this HOTWIRE link before replying)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not seeing any of the same properties that you're seeing above... are you searching HOTWIRE for more then one room or for something other then the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click this HOTWIRE link before replying)

I am searching for 2 adults, 2 children. :)

Thanks!

The 3* SJC property matches both the Holdiay Inn and the Wyndham so either of these would be my best guess for this one.

Neither of the 2* properties have been reported to the board and with a limited number of amenities showing for each i don't think we'll be able to offer any insight into either of those.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For which zone(s) and star rating, and how much, did you bid?

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck! Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any help along the way.

You can try bidding up to your 3.5* limit at your next round of bidding, and while you may be successful, you're not giving yourself much room for success by only increasing your bid by $3 over your previously failed bids.

What is the best rate you're able to find thru traditional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Ideally, I'd like to stay in a 4*.

Tried bidding today, starting at $48 and went up to $57 using my 4 re-bidding zones.

Double Tree is $101.15

Marriott is $129.00

Fairmont is $119.00

What do you think would have to be my minimum? $60?

If you don't think I can get a 4* with my maximum bid of $58, I'll try again with a 3.5*.

Thanks!!

...you're not giving yourself much room for success by only increasing your bid by $3 over your previously failed bids.
Tried bidding today, starting at $48 and went up to $57... If you don't think I can get a 4* with my maximum bid of $58

Again, by willing to go up $1 more you're not giving yourself much chance of getting a win. While we can often make an educated guess as to the range as to where you might be successful, i'm not going to take guess if the next $1 your willing to bid is the difference between success/failure. The bidding strategies we suggest start low and increase gradually which typically ensure that you don't overbid.

If you let us know your maximum bid at the 4* and 3.5* levels we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow for each.

Your 4* bidding is fine, if you want to go up to $60 you can re-try using your FOUR re-bid zones:

Select 4* San Jose...

Bid $51, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $54, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $59, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

At the 3.5* you only have ONE re-bid zone.

Select 3.5* San Jose...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]