Priceline Hotel: need 2 rooms

2savi
By 2savi,
in

This is my first post. Which hotels have been won on Priceline at what price near Universal Studios in Hollywood. I'm travelling with 2 children. Any bidding strategy would be helpful. I have seen alot of post for westwood and beverly hills. I have not seen much very close to universal studios. Is it just bad hotels near this location? Is it worth the drive from downtown LA?

Any advice would be helpful. I'll have a car. Can't do without when travelling with kids.

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To see hotels that have been won reported see the PRICELINE HOTEL LIST and the HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST.

Note that priceline only guarantees double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel. Others know the area better than i do, but i suspect in a 'family oriented area' around theme parks it shouldn't be too much of a problem getting a room with two beds (vs. in a city such as San Francisco or NYC) but you should at last be aware of the possiblity. HOTWIRE does allow you to now search for up to 4 people in a room so if you are concerned that is another option for you.

Once you determine a zone and star level let us know the actual dates of your stay and we'll try to help you get the best deal you can.

Any questions between now and then feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I made my first attempt to bid for 2 rooms last night with no success. I'm tried lax, redondo, bel air, santa monica.

Any suggestions in getting 2 rooms? Do you need to bid more than the average because I'm requesting 2 rooms.

Please advise. I'm trying to get a 2.5* to 3* for 5/26 - 28.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Is this for your trip to Universal Studios Hollywood? First time in Los Angeles? How much were you bidding? Do you know where you want to stay, or is price more important?

You don't need to bid "extra" to get 2 rooms.

I actually decided not to risk Universal Studios so I booked rooms the old fashion way. I didn't want to try for different areas. My area in LAX, I'm a bit more flexible as my 2 days are open for things to do. I'll possibly going to Getty's or Santa Monica or Redondo area. It all depends on where we end up for a hotel. I was bidding between 35 and 40. Bidding up a buck. It seems between 41 - 50 should get a 3*. What would you suggest my bidding strategy be?

I would bid as follows:

Select 3* LAX

Bid $41, if rejected add Santa Monica...

Bid $43, if rejected add Redondo...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Bel Air

Bid $42, if rejected add LAX...

Bid $46, if rejected add Santa Monica...

Bid $48, if rejected add Redondo...

Bid $50.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]