in

3 of us is traveling from

SDF louisville KY

to either

PDX Portland OR

or

SEA Seattle WA

We are leaving on the Oct 16 Sat and return on Oct 23 Sat.....maybe Oct 24

The cheapiest i can find online is $290 including tax and fee.

Since we are flexible on time, i'm wondering if i should try priceline bidding for the air ticket.

Is $200 per ticket reasonable? or too much of a wish??? thanks

If you were to bid on an airfare ticket, how much savings would you need to make an opaque purchase worthwhile, given no ability to choose flight times, layover city, length of layover, airline, etc?

What is the breakdown of base fare and fees/taxes?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

right now the fare is $258 and plus $32 for fee and tax for SEA

for PDX is like $299 total.

Tonight i started my bid from $129 (50% off) all the way up to $190 base fare bid (excluding tax and fee)

so far they counter offer me for SEA $212 plus $42 tax and fee total $254

that is only $40 less than reg fare price. not much saving at all

and for their counter offer for PDX is even higher.

i guess i will try again tomorrow.

how often can you rebid after being reject? i understand the rebid deal with diff airport, but im close to use up all the airport option.

how often can you rebid after being reject? i understand the rebid deal with diff airport, but im close to use up all the airport option.

If you use a city name (instead of airport code) from the initial search, you can get almost an unlimited number of re-bids... see this thread (2nd post) for more info: Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is there really that much of a savings to make it worth your while?

There can be... but often there is not, which is why at the beginning of most PRICELINE airfare threads i often ask:

...how much savings would you need to make an opaque purchase worthwhile...

Apologies for having this conversation in someone's thread! We decided that we needed somewhat specific times (early departure/late return) so we went with the set rates using this forum's PRICELINE link. It wasn't NYOP so I won't post it though I will be getting a hotel and car that I'll post in their own threads.

Edit: I forgot to mention that Priceline is sending me $30 in the next 3-5 days to spend on a future NYOP car rental. :)

Fly Now, Drive Later

1. Book any flight between September 14, 2010 and October 14, 2010.

2. You will receive an email which contains a link to redeem a $30 Bonus Cash Coupon 3 to 5 days after your flight purchase has been confirmed.

3. Follow the instructions in that email to redeem up to $30 towards your next Name Your Own Price

ok i tried for the pass fews day on bidding to SEA or PDX up to $190 before tax and fee with no luck. Finally the price on tickets drop last night, and i got 3 tickets from SDF to SEA for $279 each with tax and fee. the cheapest one was $270. Still very good price and short lay over time.

I booked via the PRICELINE link, and now waiting for the $3 per day car rental coupon via email.

thanks

I would try the NYOP again in the future, maybe i will get a better deal for international flight.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]