Priceline Hotel: 4* Atlanta (Downtown) Hyatt

TravelPhotographer
By TravelPhotographer,
in

I don't know the area well enough to comment, but i think Buckhead is 'pretty well off' and i haven't heard of anyone not bidding this area for safety reasons. However, i would use as much caution as you would with any urban setting, and this holds true for Downtown as well. Wherever you end up, you can always talk to the the concierge or bellman and let them know your route and time of departure/return and ask them if it's safe to walk. (although i understand your trying to choose a zone before your purchase, i think this is just good, general, travel advice so mentioned it for others who may be reading)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board for your bidding.

Let us know if we can be of further help and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow photographer! Welcome to Atlanta! First off Buckhead is a nice area. I would not hesitate to walk down the street with both my cameras on my back and holding all my lenses in my arms. I am from here though and I am not scared/worried to be out walking the streets. During the day? I wouldn't hesitate to walk around. At night? Maybe starting at 2 or 3am you might want to be more careful. The hotels in this area will be nice. Some will have shuttles. Cabs are available. I wouldn't worry too much about your trip and your safety.

I always think that 'downtown' everywhere gets a bad rap.

What 'tourists' things are you looking to do? It might not even be the right area. Buckhead is nice but it still North of Downtown.

What 'tourists' things are you looking to do? It might not even be the right area. Buckhead is nice but it still North of Downtown.

Thanks for info. Major city attractions -- access arranged by visitors bureau.

Was planning to use MARTA between Midtown museums & downtown attractions.

How would you describe pedestrian safety between Downtown Hilton & MARTA

in evening 9PM & earlier? That Hilton seems to get best 4* deal with several recent $51-56 winners...? Have failed Buckhead-Midtown 4*@$60 & 3.5*@$55.

Do you know if there is hotel-filling major event 10/8--10/10 weekend?

Dina, Welcome to Betterbidding.

Thank you for offering information about Atlanta! :o

It is...

"Dinan" BMW Tuning Company

"M3" BMW M3

"ATL" - Atlanta haha

And thanks! and you are welcome :)

Thanks for info. Major city attractions -- access arranged by visitors bureau.

Was planning to use MARTA between Midtown museums & downtown attractions.

How would you describe pedestrian safety between Downtown Hilton & MARTA

in evening 9PM & earlier? That Hilton seems to get best 4* deal with several recent $51-56 winners...? Have failed Buckhead-Midtown 4*@$60 & 3.5*@$55.

Do you know if there is hotel-filling major event 10/8--10/10 weekend?

There are not a lot of 'major attractions' in Buckhead. Less you like Atlanta Braves, Aquairium, World of Coke, The Varsity(eat here once for the experience) etc are all Downtown. Buckhead is North by quite a bit. Marta isn't 'cheap' anymore in my opinion. You would be better suited to be downtown in my opinion based on wanting to be a 'tourist'.

Safe. Hilton, Marriott etc are high traffic areas with many guest there for business. I am very familiar with the area as Dragon*Con is hosted by those hotels right around there.

Do not think there is any event that I can think of going on that weekend. Falcons could have a game. That Hilton is pretty darn nice for 55 bucks! I would rather stay downtown than Buckhead anyways. Buckhead used to be the 'cool/hip/rich' area but honestly is meh in my opinion. I would rather be at a 3 star in the heart of the city over a 4 star in Buckhead.

Keep in mind MARTA is safe. I have and do use it. However it appears and looks sketchy. I will full admit that. It also isn't the greatest public transport system. Don't expect NY, Chicago etc style public transportation. It is a maze of switching bus lines, trains that require you to get off and wait for the next one if you are traveling North(not of importance to you) etc. It works. But it is not great.

Enjoy Atlanta! It is a great city... if you ask me :)

Using your PRICELINE link above!

Hyatt Regency Atlanta

Downtown Atlanta

265 Peachtree Street Northeast

Atlanta, Georgia 30303

404-577-1234

Check-In Date:

Thu, Oct 7, 2010 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Oct 10, 2010 / 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $52.00

Subtotal: $156.00

Taxes & Fees: $31.80

Total Charges*: $187.80

bid 3.5* Downtown/Midtown/Buckhead: $50(+15 offer),51,52

Suprised to get this 4* & not Hilton as others reported.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were expecting, hope you're happy with the results and this property will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]