Need Advice - PHX to EWR 6/29-7/6

jmcwilli
By jmcwilli,
in

Using the BetterBidding airfare checker I have found the following rates:

Orbitz shows Continental non-stop for $343

Travelocity shows Continental non-stop for $341

Expedia has the same Continental non-stop for $341, but also lists a Bargain Fare for $277. You cannot choose you departure time with the Bargain rate.

Hotwire also has a similar rate of $342. They show their Discounted Fares as being sold out.

Should I wait to see if the rates go down between now and then?

La Guardia and JFK are about $100 less, but I'm not sure that it would be worth the extra hassel since we are staying in Jersey City.

Would Priceline be any better???

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with this route but it sounds a bit high to me... are there any other nearby airports?

Assuming it's $100/tix savings if you fly into JFK or LGA, i would consider those for $200... or at least that alternative would cause me to wait a bit. You're right that JFK and LGA are a bit more of a 'hassle', but they're do-able (especially if you're willing to go from airport to NYC to PATH train to Hyatt)... Islip you should stay away from, that's a hassle.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Problem is that once you cross the NJ/NY state line the cabs double the meter (they're only supposed to double the meter from the state line to your destination, but that's not the way it works in the real world).

I would fly to LGA and then take a taxi to the WTC PATH, should be about $35 (+tip and toll, but he shouldn't take the midtown tunnel unless there is a ton of traffic on the BQE, which would avoid any toll), then $1.50 PATH ride leaves you at the entrance to the Hyatt.

That is how i would do it at least, taking into consideration cost vs. time vs. convenience.

You could do the same from JFK, but the cab fare from JFK will cost $55 (+tip) and the trip will be somewhat longer.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]