France Paris Hotel Concorde Lafayette Champs Elysees-OQW

smallfrye
By smallfrye,
in

I won this hotel through Priceline ($110) and when I looked up the location I was somewhat disappointed as I had wanted something in the Louvre area. However, the location of this hotel was no problem at all. The hotel is attached to an upscale shopping center which you can walk through to get to a metro station (Porte Maillot, Yellow Line, Line #1). There are loads of nice restaurants in the neighborhood and a couple of markets; one of which sells a limited amount of Paris souvenirs, but much cheaper than shops in the heart of the tourist district. There is an underground parking garage attached to the hotel, not cheap (30 Euros per day in August 2010), but convenient. The hotel itself is very nice, every staff member we talked to was pleasant and helpful. We did not eat at the hotel, the price for breakfast alone (28 Euros) put us off. I had called to inquire about being upgraded to club level and since I booked through Priceline they said they could not do it in advance, but that I could inquire at check in. They put a note on my file and at check in they told me they had upgraded me to Club Level (+130 Euros per night). I said I had not agreed to that because until then I had never been told what the extra fee would be. It took them a few minutes to change me to a different room, but in the end they gave me a free upgrade to a superior room. The rooms were very clean and plenty big. We had two connecting rooms, that were very nicely furnished and had a nice view of the Eiffel Tower. On the nights we were in our rooms by 10 or 11 we enjoyed watching the Eiffel Tower "sparkle" at the top of the hour. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We did have one incident: after we checked out, we pulled the car around to the front to load our luggage, one piece of our luggage disappeared whilst we were loading the car. We specifically remember carrying it out of the hotel and setting it down. We checked back with the hotel by phone about 5 times and actually went back to the hotel about 10 days later to see if it had been turned into their security department, all to no avail. I don't fault the hotel for this, but it was an unfortunate incident. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]