Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Garden Grove) Crowne Plaza Anaheim

TammyLynn
By TammyLynn,
in

Making a short trip to Disneyland this weekend. Looking to spend less than $50/night.

Have parking with our AP so no shuttle is necessary and would prefer not to have any tacked on fees if possible. The fees look to be an average of $10/nightly. Would it work to start my bidding at $35 and work my way up from there in case I do get a hotel with a fee?

Prefer 3 or + stars. Distance from the parks isn't too important, as we will be driving in each day.

Thanks in advance! I've read the bidding strategy pages but I get a little confused about the re-bid zones.

I'll be happy with any hotel I get if I can get it for a good price and it's not so hideous that I embarrass myself with my guy-friend :)

You won't be able to control parking or resort fees when bidding on PRICELINE... you'll be subject to whatever the hotel policy is.

If you can accept this, which Disneyland zone, or both, are you willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If driving isn't a problem, the I would suggest you get a place a little farther away. You will not have to worry about the resort or parking fees. I got the 3* Embassy Suites North Anaheim for $50. It comes with a full breakfast and a manager's reception at night. I belive that it takes about 10-15 minutes to drive down the street to get to Disneyland.

Thanks,

Staci

Is this is a 2 nite stay, 9/10-9/12? Are you willing to pay more for a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

The only two acceptable zones are (Disneyland-Anaheim) and (Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove) or any other nearby zones also acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is this is a 2 nite stay, 9/10-9/12? Are you willing to pay more for a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay?

The only two acceptable zones are (Disneyland-Anaheim) and (Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove) or any other nearby zones also acceptable?

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my first post. I tend to get wordy and my message gets lost sometimes.

Anywhere within quick driving distance to the parks would be fine, since we will be driving. I'm looking for the best price, anything 3 or better would be fine. I want to avoid 'Motel 6' sorts of places, basically.

I don't have a bidding strategy but I want to have the room booked tonight so I'll probably just start bidding with my fingers crossed!

Thanks,

Tammy

Started with

Disneyland Orange and Disneyland Anaheim for $38. Priceline offered re-bid at $48.

Disneyland Anaheim and DL Anaheim Hills for $42.

Disneyland Anaheim and Seal Beach for $46

Disneyland Anaheim, Disneyland Orange, and Seal Beach for $50.

Bid accepted. Staying at Crowne Plaza

I named my price for a hotel room in Garden Grove, CA at priceline.com and my offer was accepted. Here are the details on where I'll be staying.

Hotel: Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim

12021 Harbor Blvd

Garden Grove, California 92840

United States

714-867-5555

Check-In Date: Friday, September 10, 2010

Check-Out Date: Sunday, September 12, 2010

I believe the 'resort fee' on this location is $12/nightly. Ends up being more than I intended to pay, but hopefully the hotel is nice and clean!!

Congratulations on your win. I and several members here stayed at this hotel in February. I was extremely happy with it. ($42 per) The resort fee covers the parking - very little in front and a short jog to a vast lot in the back. If you don't feel like driving to DL + parking they have a free shuttle every 30 minutes. Parking in DL is usually shuttle distance away.

Just a quick follow-up.

The hotel is very nice. They did mention at the desk that my booking was 'paid through Priceline'. Just a heads up for future stays that they may not mention the resort fee at check-in, although I knew from reading this board that I would be charged $14/daily. They asked for it on check-out.

Several blocks from the parks, and I wouldn't consider this walking distance. Not a big deal to me since we had free parking at the parks, but something to be aware of. The shuttle comes every 30 minutes.

The room did not have a fridge, but instead had a mini-bar. It was empty so we were able to use it as a fridge. There was a safe in the room as well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]