Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Garden Grove) Crowne Plaza Anaheim

Davosfam
By Davosfam,
in

I am looking to book for 10/8 - 10/16. Started my bidding at $42 and have bid up to $52 but bids haven't been accepted. Would I have better luck breaking it into two 4-day stays? We really don't want to change hotels but will do it to save money. We have used PL the last couple of years for our fall Disneyland trip and have gotten the Hyatt, Crowne Plaza and Hilton for under $48/night. Not sure what my plan of attack should be at this point.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This is over the Columbus Day holiday weekend, so with kids off from school for a long weekend, hotels may be a bit busier then usual. However, rates don't seem that bad... i would give it another week to see if you can get the complete stay if you'd really prefer not to change hotels mid-stay.

I'm not sure of your needs or what you're looking for, but will point out that HOTWIRE has the very well reviewed Best Western Meridian Inn and Suites for $59/nite and includes a complimentary breakfast, should that work for your needs (this is non-refundable but you could book a refundable rate for $64/nite) If you do choose to wait i'd recommend booking a cancellable back-up to protect yourself from rates moving higher from here.

Also, note that you have FOUR re-bid zones when bidding 3.5* in this area... if you need help with a bidding strategy or determining your re-bid zones feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for getting back to me. I bid again last night starting at $42 and adding the free re-bid zones, I got up to $52 and still denied. Should I expect to pay up to $60/night for that time period?

I looked at BW Meridian and it looks really nice but it is a little too far from Disneyland for us.

Tried again this morning using the PRICELINE link. Started at $45 and went up to $57 but still didn't win.

This is the same bid you made just a few hours earlier... not a very high probability of success given that you would have needed a hotel to adjust rates downward in a very short window. It was suggested above that $60-$65 might give you a better shot.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello! I too am looking for a 3 1/2* in the Garden Grove area. This has been great information. I have not paid more than $50.00 for this area in the past and am surprised it's so much! Any chance that waiting til the week or two before will result in better rates?

Isn't there an area you can add that does NOT have 3 1/2 star hotels? Is it Anaheim Hills? So, for a re-bid, you can use that and you won't get a hotel there because they don't have 3 1/2 *. ??? (Seems I recall this from past PL reservations.)

Is there a better one to use between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE?

Thanks so much!

I am also in the market for these dates (I will start a new thread when I start bidding). I am trying to find out what convention is on. We are coming down from Canada for a few hockey games (way cheaper in the US!)

Check the how-to threads: Priceline Tips

I personally find that PRICELINE gets me better rates as such, I use PL exclusively. However, HOTWIRE can be easier to identify the exact hotel.

Just another update...tried again using the PRICELINE link started at $48 and went up to $59 but no takers. I hate to bid $60-65 on an unknown because I will need to pay taxes and parking on top of that (total would be $80-85/night). I'm used to getting much better deals on PL but I think part of my problem is the length of my stay. I appreciate all the help that I've gotten on here!

...I think part of my problem is the length of my stay.

At most hotels i'm not seeing any major rate changes during your stay, but if you think this is the issue, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (if not now then at some point in the future?)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

It's not the rate changes that I think is the problem; it's the availability. A lot of the hotels on Expedia are not available for one or more of the nights of my stay. I have the opportunity to book a vacation package with the Sheraton Garden Grove at about $85/night which includes taxes and parking. Just trying to save a few bucks with Priceline. Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.

Finally won! Used the PRICELINE link here. Thank you!

Check-In Date: Friday, October 8, 2010

Check-Out Date: Saturday, October 16, 2010

Region: Orange County, CA

City Area: Disneyland - Orange - Garden Grove

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RoomPer Night: $62.00

Subtotal: $496.00

Taxes and Services Fees: $76.80

Total Charges*: $572.80

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]