Priceline Hotel: 5* Seoul (Seocho-Gu-Gangnam-Gu) InterContinental Coex

hohogap
By hohogap,
in

Looking for suggestions on bidding for the 5* and 4* hotels in Seoul for late September/early October 2010. Looks like only 3 hotels have snagged bids at this level and wondered if anyone had additional thoughts on prices/locations!

Has anyone bid for Seoul hotels in late September/early October? Looking at a 3 day stay and wondered what prices were a good bid on PRICELINE!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you enter "Seoul" in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner above you will see all threads related to this location.

For your upcoming stay, do you have firm dates yet? A you willing to pay more for a 5* vs. a 4* or is your goal the least expensive 4* or better for this stay? Which zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I have just confirmed dates. Arriving Seoul on September 30th departing October 3rd. My goal is the least expensive 4* or 5* hotel and since I'm just visiting for 3 days, the zones aren't as critical. I'd like to keep the bid under $100 if that's doable. Thanks for your help!

Assuming all three zones are acceptable i'd begin as follows:

Select 3* Central...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Gwangjin...

Select 3* Seocho...

Select 3* Central and Gwangjin...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Central and Seocho...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Central and Gwangjin and Seocho...

Bid $70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You need to close the browser when indicated in order to UNcheck a previously selected zone... otherwise your second bid would be for both Gwangjin and Gwangjin, where you only want your second bid to be for Gwangjin by itself.

Let's back up a moment...

What is it that you're looking for from this stay? Previously you mentioned you were looking for a 3* hotel but now it appears you have only bid 4* and above??

Are you willing to pay more for a 5* vs. a 4* OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better for this stay? What is your maximum bid for a 5* and/or 4*?

I didn't intend to mention 3*, I usually reserve Priceline bids for 4* and 5*. I am will to pay more for a 5* but under either scenario I'd like to keep either bid under $100/night. I can reserve a Hilton in Seoul for $150/night, and with the upgrades and extras I get for being a Diamond HH member (like free drinks at night), I want to save at least $50/night. I haven't seen anyone post a winning bid for Seoul recently, that's why I thought I'd tap your expertise. Thanks!

So going forward do you want to bid for a 5* up to your $100 limit, then if rejected bid for a 4* up to your limit?

Have you bid again since you tried up to $98 for a 5* and $78 for a 4*? If so when/what did you bid... if not, when did you last bid this star rating/limit?

Priceline listed the 5* hotel in the Seocho-Gu-Gangnam-Gu area as their "best deal"for bidding. Tried $101/night (they listed retail price as $196) and failed in the bid. Dropped to 4* in all areas for $81/night and no luck yet. Will keep trying and keep you posted! I've got the Hilton Grand Hotel booked through Hilton at $160/night as a back up if I can't get anything much less through Priceline.

Sorry to hear your current bids have been rejected... are you now only bidding the Seocho-Gu-Gangnam-Gu zone? (ie- the other zones are no longer acceptable or are you only bidding this zone because PRICELINE designated it as the 'best value')

Keep us updated as to your progress.

Tried that zone as it was the first time in the last month that Priceline had the 5* listed as "best value." Thanks for the updates and I also wondered how I can report the successful bid. Just put it here in the link? The calendar is great, but I don't see how to insert a new succesful bid, just review those that were reported.

...does the Rennaisance appear to be the only 4* property PRICELINE has for bidding?

There would be no way to know this... all that we can say is that this is the only 4* hotel reported to the board in this zone. I don't think we see enough 4* bidding in this area to make a conclusion of the likelihood that this is the only 4* hotel in this zone.

I just gave a closer look and we haven't seen a 5* hotel reported to the board as a win in over 5 years... the hotels at this star level may have decided not too discount their rooms too heavily (making a direct purchase a better option)... but we have seen plenty of 4* wins at what appear to be attractive rates.

Keep us updated as to any changes in your reservation/purchase or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. :)

Thanks! I'll focus on the 4* and keep updating. As I indicated, I've got a back up at the Hilton for $165/night, and with the HHonors perks I'll get it makes anything at $125/night about comparable (even though the 5 * hotels would be nicer for sure)! Thanks again for all of your assistance.

Received an email from PRICELINE that a "recent" successful bid for a 4* hotel in Seoul was $110. I haven't received many of these email that I can remember. What's you experience with PRICELINE emails reflecting a "recent winning bid?" I feel like that might be true, but that a recent bid might also have been $10-$15 lower! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I just gave a closer look and we haven't seen a 5* hotel reported to the board as a win in over 5 years... the hotels at this star level may have decided not too discount their rooms too heavily (making a direct purchase a better option)... but we have seen plenty of 4* wins at what appear to be attractive rates.

Keep us updated as to any changes in your reservation/purchase or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board. :)

I thought 5* might be out of the question on Priceline, but I raised my bid to $131/night for 3 nights for a 5* and finally got a counter-offer at +$30/night ($161/nght). At least Priceline will allow a win for a 5*, which isn't really a bad price. My problem is that I had a back-up reservation at the Millenium Hilton in Seoul for only $164/night, and I get all the perks as a Diamond HHonrs member. I'll keep you posted if I decide to go for the 5* property (probably bid $150 and see what happens). Thanks for all of your advice!

Decided I had to try for the 5* through this site, so I changed my dates, excluded Saturday night, and was finally successful for $140/night at the Coex Intercontinental Seoul. I'll post new thread so you can update the Priceline win calendar. Thanks for all of your help! Luckily, I was able to still keep one night at the Millenium Hilton for $164. A hassle to move, but I'm just enjoying a few days of wandering in Seoul due to the cheap Delta non-stop from Detroit.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]