Hotwire Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown) Sheraton Le Centre

robbieb
By robbieb,
in

Howdy! Been watching 4* in Downtown Montreal for 3 nights, Sept 30 to Oct 3rd. Currently showing $143/night, although was at $133 on Friday... On that note - in your experience do Hotwire prices keep bouncing up and down closer to the date, or once they start to rise, do they keep going up? Wondering how much longer I should wait...

In terms of IDing the hotel - maybe this is the Sheraton? It's showing amenties as: Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business Centre, Hi-Speed Internet, Spa

Thanks!

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Kingston thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then click this HOTWIRE link and reply to this thread, we'll have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This matches previous reports for both the Omni Mont-Royal and the Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel so either of these would be my best guess, although the Sheraton is seem much more frequently so i'd slightly favor that one (although you should be prepared for either)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From my experience prices can fluctuate like crazy... it really depends on what's available I guess.

When I was trying to find a hotel for Sept 2-6, I found a 4* on priceline was at its cheapest ($99) approximately a week before I left.. then it sky-rocketed and after I booked on priceline ($130) I saw it dip down to $116 around lunch the day before I left before shooting up back to $140.

Long story short, from my one experience it really, really depends...

Hi again... Well, I checked this morning and the price went up to $149 for this same search result... Yikes! I know it might bounce down and up again, but I didn't want to take any chances so tried booking it, but then I got this message:

We're sorry, but the hotel you selected is no longer available. Your card has not been charged. There are some great hotels below.

Does this happen often? Now I don't see any 4-star hotels at all except a 4.5 one for over $200/night... WTF??

UPDATE: I just tried the Hotwire booking again, making one change - # of guests to 1 instead of the default of 2 (since it's just me anyway!). The booking went through (I used this board's link) and it was indeed Le Centre Sheraton! Clearly I should have booked this last week when it showed $124/night...

budfox,

If you'd like help with your own stay please:

1) follow-up your previous Hotwire Santa Barbara thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay

2) read your messages

2) click this HOTWIRE link and then start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]