Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* DC (Alexandria-Old Town) Crowne Plaza

B4toyou
By B4toyou,
in

I'm not certain of the hotel above (i have my suspicions but it may be a moot point)...

If you're interested in the Hotel Monaco, change your search to 2adults/2children and a new 4* hotel appears in this zone with the amenities above plus a Pool icon (Boutique, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Internet, Business) for the same price. If you then click the CONTINUE button and look at the ensuing page, this offering has a 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating... all of this information points to this offering (with the POOL icon when searching for 2a/2c) being the Hotel Monaco and that would be my best guess for this one.

Does this work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried that and got the results you said....interesting! The Monaco would be great, but if I say there will be kids, will they automatically assign a room with 2 beds? I would prefer a room with a king bed if at all possible.

The one without the pool icon... do you think that is the Lorien Hotel?

If you select 2 adults and 2 children, you may be given a room with two beds, but you can always request a room with one bed (although there is no guarantee exactly what bed type that may be.) Availability at the hotel for the dates, hotel policies and other factors determine what bed type you may be able to get.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Assuming you're age appropriate, I would give a 'story' at check-in along the lines of "this was supposed to be a family vacation but at the last minute a relative agreed to watch our kids, our first trip without them in 'x' years, so it would be appreciated if you could give us a nice room with a King bed". (if you're older then having kids who need minding after you can come up with a different story... you get the idea)

I'm really sure not of the 'other' Boutique property... the Lorien is one possibility, as is the Morrison... or it could even be a slightly different amenity combination and other data for the Monaco; but purchasing as indicated above i think gives the best odds at targeting this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]