TX Kerrville Holiday Inn Express

jburk
By jburk,
in

So I booked a room through Hotwire, for Sat and Sun nights, check in to Holiday Inn Express and clerk is nice. Get to the room and it is a smoking room - so I call the desk and say "can you move me to a non-smoking room?" Clerk says, "well, you have a hotwire rate" so I say "So?" Clerk says, "well, Hotwire booked you in smoking and we can't help you" --- I call hotwire, of course I get "non-smoking is not listed as an amenity, can't help you" so I finally get her to call the hotel and they tell her they are full but will leave a note with the manager to try to move me, I don't hear from the manager ever.

Anyway, I ask Hotwire to cancel the room and get me one somewhere else, they give me the standard "to offer our low rates with our partners - there are never refunds" garbage... so that went unresolved.

Best part was, when I checked out, the manager was clerking. He was nice until I gave him the room number, he pulls it up and says "Have a nice day" I asked for a receipt and he says "Not for hotwire customers" - never even asked if stay was OK - but if I check in as a Holiday Inn Priority Club member, they treat me so much better. SO Frustrating!

OH and I asked Hotwire to close my account since I won't use them anymore -- they can't even help with that -- asked me to resubmit my request after my trip -- Unbelievable

I have learned my lesson

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]