Priceline Hotel: 5* Madrid

Dickoc
By Dickoc,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages, then let us know your maximum bid for this stay (so we don't suggest a strategy which goes higher then you're willing to pay), as well as which zone(s) you're willing to accept, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For your information I have been looking to get this hotel (Westin) during Christmas and just got my priceline bid accepted.

126$ for the 22nd - 28th of December.

I have been countered with 25$ when bidding 110$ and did not get accepted on 124$. Since you have a lot of days before going, you can of course play around a bit, but given my bids I think 126$ is the minimum price you should expect to get it for.

Obviously there is also a chance you will get some other 5* property, should you choose to go for this bid directly.

The Westin Palace is in PRICELINE's (Old Madrid - Bourbon Madrid) zone.

At the 5* level you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 5* Old Madrid-Bourbon Madrid...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zones...

Bid $120

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and try again:

Select 5* Old Madrid-Bourbon Madrid...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zones...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For your information I have been looking to get this hotel (Westin) during Christmas and just got my priceline bid accepted.

126$ for the 22nd - 28th of December.

I have been countered with 25$ when bidding 110$ and did not get accepted on 124$. Since you have a lot of days before going, you can of course play around a bit, but given my bids I think 126$ is the minimum price you should expect to get it for.

Obviously there is also a chance you will get some other 5* property, should you choose to go for this bid directly.

Was $126/night actually accepted for December this year? I was looking around those dates too.

An offer came on Travelzoo.com for 3 night December stays with breakfast at the 5* Ritz Hotel in Madrid for $455 + tax and fees. The link connects to Liberty Travel though. Fine print a little strange as far as per person rates, that would put it higher than what you can get it on their website. Could always try calling their in-house reservations though if interested to see if they would meet offer.

As these five star hotels cater mostly to business clientelle, you should not have a problem landing them around the time of your stay.

http://www.ritzmadrid.com/web/orit/hotel_ritz_madrid.jsp

You can't bid on or target a specific hotel when using PRICELINE... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you select.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to be of further help.

Looking at these on hotwire :

5 star - El Centro - Old Madrid area hotel - fitness , pool, restarant ,business , int and spa - is it melia princess ?

5 star Chamberi - Chamartin - Salamanca area Hotel - Fitness , restarant ,business , int and spa - is it intercontienental ?

4.5 star - Chamberi - Chamartin - Salamanca area Hotel - fitness , restarant ,Laundry , business , int and spa - not sure ?

Unfortunately the 4.5* property has not yet been reported to the board and based upon the amenities i don't have any insight as to which one this may likely be.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]