skelman
By skelman,
in

Got this about three days in advance for the past weekend:

Courtyard By Marriott Montreal Downtown

410 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest

Montreal, Quebec H3A 1B3

514-844-8855

Price: $52.00 + $13.98 = $65.98 (US dollars)

Started bidding at $40 for a 3* Downtown. Got offered to re-bid at $52 or more, by decided to go for a lower price instead. Lowered the rating to 2.5* while upping the bid to $45 with no luck. Then tried again for a 2* at $52, hoping to finally hit something and got the Courtyard.

I know I didn't overpay more than $7 over the absolute minimum for this property, since they didn't take my $45 bid. Incidentally, Hotwire was offering a 3* (which is most likely the next-door Delta Montreal) for $60 + fees.

Congratulations on your success... and for adding this new hotel to our lists!

You're correct that you couldn't have overpaid more than $6 ($6 since $45 was rejected and therefore $46 could be the next lowest price :) ) it's not generally a good idea to lower star ratings and increase your bid at the same time unless you know the area very well and generally accepted prices at the lower star ratings... not sure if you know the zone well or not. If you care to read more this is explained in more detail in If You Lower Your Star Rating then Lower Your Price.

Hope your stay was a good one.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]