Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Costa Mesa-OC Airport-Santa Ana) Embassy Suites

seabreezer
By seabreezer,
in

Hi, I followed the BB PRICELINE link and bid following the same as this earlier win (from user andrewy on 01/28/10 for the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach), but it didn't work: Hyatt Newport Beach

Here was my bid history, stuck with 4* all the way through:

Started with Newport Beach $38

Added Anaheim Hills $40

Added Disneyland - Anaheim $42

Added Fullerton Brea $44

Added Laguna Beach $48

Added Laguna Hills $50

Added Seal Beach $55

Added Dana Point / San Clemente $59

Added Disneyland - Orange $61

Added Buena Park $63

I didn't want to add the Irvine zone and get the Hyatt Regency in Irvine.

The other hotel I would like to get is the Embassy Suites in Fullerton Brea. It's a 3.5* but there's a Crowne Plaza and Marriott same star level in the same area. Any advice on how to get that is much appreciated.

Embassy Suites Costa Mesa-Orange County Airport-Irvine

9/04/10-9/05/10 (Sat - Sun)

$55 (w/tax $67.06 plus there is a $15 parking fee)

Price direct from hotel is $119 before tax.

3.5* Costa Mesa - Orange County Airport - Irvine area Hotel

Amenities: Suite, Shuttle, Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet

I think it was recommended by 80% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Use the HOTWIRE link.

I wanted to give update about my experience, I thought it might be helpful to others.

When I went to check into this hotel, I was told I would be given one room with 2 double beds and that I would have to pay an additional fee of $25 to get a suite. When I explained that I had booked a suite through Hotwire, they told me "suites are subject to availability." I understood that it was a holiday weekend (Labor Day), however, that policy seemed like a crock if it WAS available. If it's available, then they should have put me in one since I paid for that. The only additional incidental charge that was shown to me through Hotwire would be parking, which I knew to be $15.

I decided not to continue check-in and contacted Hotwire. Hotwire gave me the option of cancelling the stay and booking a new hotel or paying for the suite and being reimbursed. I took the second option. So I continued the check-in process, paid the extra $25 (plus taxes) fees to get the suite. I had a new rep help me at the front desk, who was very accommodating. He waived the parking fee, and even gave me some pain relievers out of their emergency kit (normally you pay for a packet through their "gift shop"). The suite was awesome, and they put us away from the elevator, high up away from the crowds. I didn't hear a thing.

The free breakfast and manager's reception (free alcoholic beverages and snacks), made this stay even more fantastic.

I faxed Hotwire yesterday and got an email response today explaining the details of my full credit. It's going to take a billing period or 2, but I don't mind. I also received $25 Hotwire cash for my trouble.

I was thinking about trying Priceline, but now I'm going to keep my business with Hotwire. This could have been a bad experience, but it ended up being a great one. :)

• 3 months later...

Hi SeaBreeze,

I'm attempting to get the Embasy Suites in Irvine as well for 12/27 -12/28 - one night. But the amenities listed on hotwire are a little different from below. Do you recall if the post looked like this? $59

3.5-star hotel in Costa Mesa - Orange County Airport - Irvine

This hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

High-speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Embassy Suites Costa Mesa-Orange County Airport-Irvine

9/04/10-9/05/10 (Sat - Sun)

$55 (w/tax $67.06 plus there is a $15 parking fee)

Price direct from hotel is $119 before tax.

3.5* Costa Mesa - Orange County Airport - Irvine area Hotel

Amenities: Suite, Shuttle, Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet

I think it was recommended by 80% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Use the HOTWIRE link.

TravelGurl77,

You can see from post #3 above, as well as the amenities listed in the quote box in your post above, that the amenities shown when the OP purchased this property are different then the ones you're currently seeing... implying it's a different property (or at the very least a different amenity set for the same property)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]