Hotwire Hotel: Hotel for April 19 -21

tlhendrix
By tlhendrix,
in

I'm in need of help figuring out which to use Hotwire or priceline. I don't know the area. I wanted to stay on the Magnificent Mile. But what other areas are close and not scarry. I see on Hotwire there is a 3* for $79 on Wacker Dr. Should I look in this area only? I want a nice hotel for the best money I don't think I want to spend over $100 a night. Should I bid on priceline and if so what areas or should I go with hotwire's $79 or look in another area with hotwire? Are you confused enough yet. Hope someone can help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would think the North Michigan Ave, Mag Mile, and River North zones should all be fine... stick with the better star ratings.

HOTWIRE gives you a bit more control over the actual hotel you will receive (and/or avoid hotels you dont' want), but priceline is usually a bit less expensive. The one 'problem' hotel in this area is the 4* Hyatt Regency in the NMA zone which gets some bleek reviews, but some find it fine for the price received. You can read these HOTEL REVIEWS those HERE and determine if you'd be happy at this property.

If you're fine with it you could then go with Priceline, if not, then you'd probably be better off going with HOTWIRE or avoiding this zone entirely.

Let us know how you want to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After reading the reviews I would be fine with this hotel. I will just pray for a miracle that I get a refurbished room. It's our first time to the city and we don't want to spend a ton on a room because we know we will spend a ton on food and entertainment that we can't get for a bargin. We will only be staying 2 nights April 19 - 21. Do you think I should get a hotel now or would it be best to wait some more and see if the prices get cheaper? Can you tell what hotels Hotwire is offering to me right now for $79?

We can have a look at the HOTWIRE hotel for you and try to identify it if you provide the star rating and all of the amenities that are associated with it.

Here is another thread for your other question: SHOULD I BID EARLY or CLOSE TO CHECK-IN which gives my own, as well as other board members, thoughts on the subject.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here is what Hotwire has for my dates. Can you tell me what hotels they are?

Magnificent Mile - Wacker Drive (Downtown Areas)

3* Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service). View complete amenity list and description

$79 per room

per night

North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast (Downtown Areas) -

Customer Favorite! Read reviews

4* Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center. View complete amenity list and description

$87 per room

per night

North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast (Downtown Areas) -

3* Selected amenities include: Boutique Hotel, Restaurant(s), Fitness Center. View complete amenity list and description

$64 per room

per night

Not sure of the one in the Mag Mile, but in the NMA zone i think:

4* Omni Ambassador or the Westin (both have the same amenities and star rating, so no telling which, but i'd give a slight edge to the Omni)

3* Tremont

Boutiques are supposed to typically be smaller hotels, a bit more 'quaint', have a bit more refinement to them... but unfortunately it often is just a term hoteliers apply to their establishments when they offer very small rooms.

Let us know how it goes and please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make. Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]