Priceline Hotel: Different room nights in Jersey City

Prof
By Prof,
in

My need is one room for 3 nights (7/8 7/11) and 1 room for 2 nights (7/8 to 7/10) in laws). Hyatt on Hudson is perfect for my needs (sightseeing in NY).

The question is whether I should bid two rooms for two nights and risk not getting a room for the last night. Or one room for 2 nights and the second room for 3 nights and risk getting one room at a good price and the second one in some other hotel.

Would appreciate help with strategy.

Thanks Prof

Question for Thereuare regarding Prof's strategy. If Prof were lucky enough to win a 3 night bid at $46 or $48 through Priceline and buy the other room for 2 nights through Hotwire at $78ish, would this qualify for Hotwire's "double the difference" guarantee, making that second room very inexpensive?

Guess it depends upon how much you like your in-laws :)

Assuming you'd prefer everyone to stay together, i would bid for 2 rooms for 2 nites and then pick-up the additional nite on its own.

Let us know how it goes and what you decide to do.

RE: Double the Difference

The example you give would not qualify since they are not for the same exact dates. However, if Prof chose to book one room for 2 nites via Priceline, one room for the same two nites via HOTWIRE, then those two stays should be eligible for the Double the Difference Guarantee.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do like my in-laws!!! Also the children would enjoy showing them to the city and hanging out with them. So the strategy is to to book 2 room for two night and one room for one night. I just have to make sure that the room for the extra night is in the same hotel.

The only question that remains is the starting price. Some time ago I had seen $37, but I guess that seems to have gone away. Is the following a good strategy? I have enough time to play games with pricing.

Bid 3* at $46

Add 2.5* and increase to $48.

Thanks

Prof

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]