Priceline Hotel: Downtown Dallas Hotel for 9/8-9/13

latentpower
By latentpower,
in

I am attending an event in Dallas which is near Dallas Ritz Carlton: 2121 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75201. I am considering staying there at about $215/night OTD. However, I would gladly stay somewhere else to save money.

I am looking for a 3.5* or above (preferrably 4* or above) hotel which would be within walking distance or an easy commute to the Ritz. It would be for the 5 nights from 9/8 to 9/13. What bidding strategies would I use? Is it even possible to assure I get something near the Ritz (I know some cities have very large bidding zones - and I don't know much about Dallas)? Though I am posting this on the priceline forum I am also open to using Hotwire, though I have generally had better luck with priceline. Any help would be appreciated, and of course, the sooner the better. Thanks in advance.

You should concentrate your bidding on the Dallas Market Center area... this will put you with a 5 minute cab ride of the Ritz... Unless you stay at the Ritz I don't think I would count on anything being within a walking distance situation. If you are willing to go 3.5 stars you can bid as low as $35 a night in that area and get something like the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza Market Center. The best 4 star deal in Dallas is probably the Le Meridian but is a 10-15 minute drive from the Ritz area and $45 a night plus $20 for valet.

If you want to to include true downtown in your search (also easy cab commute) I would suggest in this order Market Center 4 star only with a bid of $65 if rejected add downtown and rebid 70. You can add East Dallas/Mesquite and Garland as rebid zones as they don't include any hotels that match 4 star. If none of those work you can start again consider a $40 bid for Galleria 4 star and see if you get Le Meridien, it is a bit further but a GREAT hotel for $40-45 a night.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]