Hotel List Updates?

judyneric
By judyneric,
in

Thereuare, I have a question about the hotel lists.

On the pinned "Hotel List By City" in the Florida section of Hotels, the board shows the last action in that section as having occurred on 10th March 2003. Upon opening the Priceline Hotel List, the board tells us it was posted on Feb 4, 2003, 10:07 PM.

My question is, has the hotel list been updated since Feb 4, 2003? If it has, it would be good to know how current the list actually is. If you are updating it as people post the results of their bids, it would be great if you could list the latest revision date at the beginning of the list.

I am currently bidding for Tampa, and couldn't get a 4* at the price I wanted. I want to try for 3*, but want to research the hotels on the list to make sure there are no stinkers (I understand the list is never and can never be 100% complete, but it increases the odds of avoiding a poor hotel nonetheless). However, if the list is over 2 years old, it would seem there would be major changes to what hotels are listed since the day it was posted.

So, do you keep the Hotel Lists updated? And if so, can you please start adding updated on: Month XX, 200X at the top so we have an idea of how current the list is?

Thanks G Money. This website rocks. Peace out.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The hotel lists are updated as soon as a new hotel is reported on the board (well, as soon as i see/read the post). Given the board is checked and monitored constantly throughout the day, assume the hotel lists are extremely current.

If the hotel lists were updated in batches (daily, weekly, etc) then it would be worthwhile to have an "edited on..." comment, but given that they're constanly updated, i don't see it as being worthwhile (imo).

Just as an FYI, the dates you are seeing is the date that the post was created (for the first time), trying to keep the board 'neat', we have chosen not to opt for the 'last edited' comment.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you for replying! i needed to make sure the list was current.

if not a date each time you revise the hotel list, maybe you could put a permanent bold text at the top, saying something to the effect "this board is constantly updated. the date shown for this post reflects only the original posting date, not when this list is updated".

i use a lot of message boards, and usually the line "edited on: XX MON XX"is added to the post when the post is edited. sorry to be nitpicky, but adding a permanent notification on top of the page that The List is stilling being updated would reassure new users (like me) that the hotel lists are not an old neglected page.

thanks again, thereuare. you are doing an awesome job on this site! (from someone who used to peruse TOBB)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]