Hotwire Hotel: NYC 4* July 25-27

hodps0
By hodps0,
in

I'm looking for a nice (i.e. 4*) hotel for Monday thru Wednesday 7/25-27. We're (wife and two boys 14 and 17) traveling with a rental car, going to Phanton on Monday and the Yankees on Tuesday. We'd like to spend time in the city siteseeing as well. I'm not seeing anything less than 239, and I've been watching for a couple of months.

I've seen the advice for using priceline, but I'm concerned that I can't guarantee space for the boys - especially since it looks like a lot of NY hotels only allow 2 people per room.

Any ideas?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would stongly encourage you to re-think the rental car if possible... it will just get in the way and add to your costs in Manhattan.

What hotel is that $239 rate at? I think you can get that rate at the Grand Hyatt thru HOTWIRE and ensure accomodations for 4 people.

An idea i favor more would be the BEEKMAN TOWER for $172/nite. You'll have search for only two people in the room, but you'll get a 1BR suite which has one bed in the Bedroom and a pull-out couch in the Living room... and the reviews are excellent.

The other idea would be to bid very low for two rooms on Priceline.... summer is slow in NYC so you may be able to get two rooms for close to or under the $239 mentioned prevoiusly (but not likely lower than the $172 for the Beekman).

Let us know how you want to proceed and we'll try to help/guide further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought about staying in NJ but would prefer the ability to stop into the hotel during the day. It seems like we could see more if we weren't going in and out of the city.

As far as the car rental goes, we are starting in Boston, visiting Cooperstown, then to NY, and back to Boston, so ditching the car isn't really an option.

I looked at the Beekman, but don't think the fold-out couch for the boys will work (they're pretty big kids).

Thanks for the ideas, though. I'm option to options.

I saw that HOTWIRE hotel as well and believe it is the Grand Hyatt.

However, i think it is too early to be locking in such a non-refundable high rate. Given that NYC is usually slow in the summer i would book a fully cancellable back-up in the meantime and wait this one out a bit.

For a cancellable back-up i would suggest the Novotel at $216/nite or the Renaissance Times Square for $231/nite; both of which can be booked for quad occupancy. I think the Renaissance is nicer, but there are a few pictures of the Novotel at our sister site RealHotelPhotos.com.

Novotel Reviews and Renaissance Reviews.

Let us know what you think and/or decide to do.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]