Priceline Hotel: 4* Detroit (Downtown) Omni River Place

Rick Breckler
By Rick Breckler,
in

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I very much appreciate you guys looking out for me here. Here's how this played out:

Knocturnal messaged me on 09/29 to let me know about the news that the Omni was closing on 10/12, 2 days before our reservation. I contacted Omni's customer service, and they assured me that the reservation would be honored, but the hotel may be operating under a different name. Something about their response gave me little confidence that they knew what they were talking about, though.

So I've been occasionally checking Omni's website with my reservation #. Sure enough, 2 days ago (10/06), the reservation showed as canceled on their website. They never contacted me to let me know (and still haven't). I called them about a refund, and they said I would need to contact Priceline. Priceline said they would contact the hotel about the reservation. I heard back after 2 days that Priceline would refund the money. I reserved another priceline room instead.

A big thank you to both Knocturnal and nick5 for contacting me about this! In short, Omni...bad, Priceline...good.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]