Priceline Hotel: Help with September 17-19 bid

lovetotravelcheap
By lovetotravelcheap,
in

My friend just got the Hotel Minneapolis Autograph Collection (3* Downtown hotel) for $75.... for 9/18-9/20.... I'm trying to see if I can be lucky enough to get it 9/17-9/19.... sorry, my topic says "Help with October 17-19 bid" but it should read "Help with September 17-19 bid"

My question is, how often does Priceline "upgrade" you from a 3* to a 3 1/2*?.... I do not want the Millennium hotel (3 1/2*) because it has received such terrible reviews

I have never gotten upgraded from Priceline. You are smart in trying to avoid that dump though. I have gotten the 4 star Hyatt Regency for as low as $41 before. Although, I don't know if I agree that it is quite a 4 star, the Hyatt was certainly leaps and bounds above that cesspool the Millenium.

lovetotravelcheap

I do not want the Millennium hotel (3 1/2*) because it has received such terrible reviews
You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE. You need to be willing to stay at any 3* or higher in the zone you're bidding at.
My question is, how often does Priceline "upgrade" you from a 3* to a 3 1/2*?
Sorry to say that this depends on the inventory PRICELINE got at the time you bid so there's no general answer for this.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]