Priceline Hotel: 4* Denver (Downtown) Oxford Hotel

Mustang Sally
By Mustang Sally,
in

I was trying to get one of those great 4* $55 deals for 10/02-10/04. Used my bonus cash and rebid zones over several days for the four nights and kept getting denied. I really didn't want to go much over $70, so I decided to split my bid between weekdays and weeknights to see if I could save some $. I'm familiar with the area, the hotels downtown are all pretty close and connected by the free tram so I figured it was worth it.

ended up with $58 plus $10 bonus cash at the Oxford Hotel, which looks really cool (and is supposed to be haunted-BONUS) for the weeknights

Total Charges to your Credit Card

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $58.00

Subtotal: $116.00

Taxes & Fees: $26.86

Total Charges*: $142.86

and the Grand Hyatt Denver for the weekend 10/02-10/04 for $79 plus $10 bonus Cash:

Total Charges to your Credit Card

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $79.00

Subtotal: $158.00

Taxes & Fees: $33.10

Total Charges*: $191.10

Worth it for me to split it up and save $50. I imagine I could have gotten the Hyatt for 4 days had I gone up that high originally but I'm really happy to check out the Oxford. Looks like it caters for couple weekends and it's completely booked up on their website on the weekend, but fairly empty during the week.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Priceline Hotel List

Can you please post your 10/02-10/04 stay in a separate topic so it can appear in boards Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

I got interupted before i could do the second hotel...I should add that I DID use your links to bid, came back today to finish and add the second thread.

I'm tempted to try the "extend your stay" option and stay one more day in Denver if I can stay at the Oxford. Will have to see if that works with my other plans.

I suspect that the Oxford is using Priceline to help fill up the hotel during the week, their website shows how many rooms are available if you book through them directly, they are full for the weekend and have 300+ rooms available Mon & Tues.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]