Priceline Hotel: Washington DC Friday October 8 to Tuesday October 12

dream
By dream,
in

HI!

My husband and I are planning a visit to Washington DC for a long weekend, but I am struggling with how to figure out which zones are safe, walkable and close to transit. We do not plan to drive at all. Our biggest need is close to transit and in an area with eateries and bars within either walking distance or short cab and of course safe. Any area can be dangerous but i do not want an area with a crime issue. We plan on visiting some sites but we do not have to be within walking distance transit works. I would prefer 3.5 star and above but in extremely desirable area a 3* will work. The budget is no more than $125 a night. If I have to go higher I will but prefer not to unless a 4* plus. Thank you so much for any help.

DC is usually expensive during the week and inexpensive on weekends. That's a long weekend, so you might be able to do good splitting your bid into 10/8-10 or 11 and 10/10 or 11-12.

For Priceline name your own price, the areas closest to most of the tourist sites are (in preference order IMHO):

#5: Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill area

#13: White House - Downtown

#8: Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

#9: Georgetown - Foggy Bottom

Stay away from #7: DC Suburbs - Northeast Area

If you're doing name your own price, hopefully you'll get lucky and get a hotel near a Metro. The Renaissance on 9th St, the Grand Hyatt, JW Marriott and Willard are all walking distance to Metro stops.

3 star in the zones mentioned above should be fine. For lower costs, you can go to #6: Crystal City which has a Metro stop and the hotels have free shuttle buses to Reagan Airport where you can also catch the Metro.

You can get all day Metro passes that are good after the morning rush hour (930a).Details about the subway at www.wmata.com

I apologize for taking so long to respond.

Those zones work for me. After researching a bit the four zones suggested work well for me. I think because of possible night time activities, I prefer Dupot Circl and Georgetown over Convention Center and White House Zones. So the following order:

#8: Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

#9: Georgetown - Foggy Bottom

#5: Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill area

#13: White House - Downtown

This is Columbus weekend so I know I need to book asap. I am completely willing to split the trip up into two sets of bids. I am just unsure how to split them up since friday to Sunday night are technically weekend because of the holiday and Monday only week day. Preference is to split into 2 nights and two nights, or into first three nights then one night. I greatly appreciate all your help. My max is 125 but can go higher. I prefer 4* and above or at least 3.5 star. I am worried about some eviews for 3*, but if it starts to come to wire, I am willing to give the 3* a try.

Thanks again for all of your help. This website is incredible.

April

• 2 weeks later...

If you refer to the hotel listing for Washington, DC you will find that many of the Downtown DC Zone hotels are South of Dupont Circle....I've had two experiences bidding for the Dupont area....last year I got stuck out at the Marriott Wardman Park -- not very close to Dupont. This past weekend, I bid on priceline for a 3.5 star including the Downtown Zone and got the Hotel Madera -- one block from Dupont Circle...Just an FYI.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]