National and Budget Codes

lawnboy246
By lawnboy246,
in

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in knowing what codes in general provide the best rates as the Entertainment Book and Costco seem to work best for Budget and National.

The dates are for the first week of August in either a full size or sport utility vehicle. :)

Currently have an 8 day rental for an SUV through National, including taxes for $279 and a full size car for $160. Budget is showing for the same period a full size car of $150 and a small SUV for $240.

Let me try one more time...

There is a list of Car Rental Discount Codes for which you can try all the discount codes to see what works best for you (keep in mind you may be asked to show affiliation to the code you use if it's part of a membership group... many have never been asked, but you use at your own risk).

The main goal of this site is to try to help you get the best deal possible... maybe that's with Budget, maybe it's with National, maybe it's with some other service. Not sure how you determined that you only want to deal with Budget or National, but you've already determined what company you want to deal with, so that doesn't leave a lot of room for flexibility to try to improve upon it.

As well, since one code is not the best in every situation, you leave nobody in a position to help as a pick-up/drop-off date of "the first week of August" makes it impossible for anyone to research prices even if they wanted to.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, the car rental discount codes you mentioned provide a wide range of quotes, but generally the ones associated with either Costco or the Entertainment Book provide the best rates. This was actually the purpose of this posting to find out even if there are any new codes that people have used recently that offer even better rates. Without getting caught up on a certain date, overall, the codes listed in reference consistently provide the same type of quotes.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this is too late for you lawnboy, but since your not going till August...

I used a "Wal Mart" code I found elsewhere to make a reservation for a car in Maui. Dates 8/6 - 8/9

The code wasn't very good, but it changed the budget.com price significantly.

The no code price was $116.97 for three days and dropped to $66.09 before taxes. :)

The code is: W810000

Do NOT put in any fastbreak or RapidRez number (BCN)

Good luck

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]