Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley) Colonnade Hotel

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

Sorry, can't quite figure out where I should post this.

The Downtown/Charleston area seems to now extend to a small portion over the Washington St. Bridge.

I don't know of any properties there and, certainly haven't seen any reported but I'm wondering if anyone knows what might be there.

Likewise, the Back Bay/Copley Zone is now simply Copley and it's a bit difficult to see from the Priceline map whether this covers the total previous area.

In any case, I think anything in the Copley area should be fine but I am a bit concerned about bidding Downtown/Charleston and winning something over the bridge.

Any comments, suggestion would be most appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

A word of caution: I could not find any posts with this hotel won, so it probably is likely that you could get "upgraded." This hotel was listed under a Boston Hotel List, but as you mentioned, the Park Plaza seems to get won frequently at the 3* level so you could get an unwanted upgrade.

Tried bidding both Copley and Downtown 4 stars for Sunday June 26th and Monday June 27th without success.

Started at $80 and with a series of rebids went up to $110.

We already have the Collonade for the night of the 25th for $120 and will consider trying the Add a night feature a bit later if we can't get anything else for the Sunday and Monday although looking at past "wins" $120 may be a bit high and it seems the least popular 4star that Priceline offers.

My plan is to try bidding once a week or so and see what happens.

I've been looking around for a cancellable back-up and came up with Charlesmark which has excellent reviews and a rate of $139 including breakfast or a new Boutique Hotel opening in June called Hotel 140 which has an introductory rate of $129 including Breakfast. Both are in Copley and any comments about either of these would be much appreciated.

Also any other thoughts on Bidding strategies or other back-up ideas?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

For the past 3 weeks we have been trying for Boston bidding both downtown to $110 and Copley to $120.

Today we decided we would try a bit higher for Copley and started bidding at $105 with the idea of going to $125. However first bid of $105 was accepted!

It's for the Colonnade which is where we already have a room for the night of the 25th for which we paid $120!

The Colonnade seems to have mixed reviews but the location looks great and it will be very nice not to change hotels midstream.

This is the last reservation we need for our Washington/New York? Boston trip. All booked through Priceline with the help of this sight and all booked through SavingsBarn.com

Thanks again

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]