NY NYC Wyndham Garden Chelsea

McMick
By McMick,
in

I was very pleased with my stay here in August, 2010. It's a convenient location on 24th St, between 5th and 6th Avenues: several subway lines are within a 10 minute walk in either direction, so it's easy to get to anywhere in Manhattan from here. Of course, there are many restaurants in the neighborhood as well as one in the hotel.

The hotel is a narrow, newer building sandwiched between two older structures. Space being at a premium in Manhattan, everything is very compact here: from the small lobby to the rooms. There were only 8 rooms on my floor, and the room was small--basically dominated by the very comfortable king-sized bed. Although there was no closet, there was a small armoire, along with a chair and small desk. The room was clean, attractively decorated in shades of beige and brown, and in good repair. Minor defects included an area of chipped tile in the bath and a few scuffs on the wall. There was no bathtub, but a tiled shower stall in the corner of the bath. The hall on my floor was always uncomfortably warm, but the air conditioning in the room worked well.

Everyone I encountered among the staff was friendly. I was greeted with a warm welcome upon arrival and each time I passed the reception desk coming or going. I also had positive encounters with a few members of the housekeeping staff.

Although I did not need the services of a concierge, there was one available during daytime hours...a nice service for a small, modestly priced hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]