Is this one way?

meemster
By meemster,
in

Hi, I'd like to rent a car for a couple days at the end of my family's stay in WDisneyW/Orlando (driving to Cocoa Beach, Shopping, etc) and then drop off to MCO/Orlando Int'l Airport. The dates are 9/23 - 9/26. CAA/AAA has given me a rental with Hertz at $33.07/day (with $16.54/hr for extra hrs).

Using your links above, Hotwire is quoting me over $100/day for this same rental b/c it is "one way", & Priceline says they don't have any availability. Is there a way to get a quote from either? I find it hard to believe the CAA price is the best one I can get?? Any advice much appreciated... I rarely rent cars so have no idea. THX all!!

For what car class is the rate above for? What is the all-in rate?

If you can find transportation from Disneyworld to the Airport (i'm not sure of options or cost) you may do better simply doing a same pick-up/drop-off at the MCO Airport.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- any decision or update to your Priceline Buffalo stay... please be sure to follow-up there. THANKS!!! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So Hertz has quoted me $115.25 all in for 3 days rental 9/23-9/26, pick up in Kissimmee near WDisneyW and drop off to MCO (Orlando Int'l Airport). Daily rate is $33.07 for "Intermediate Automatic 2/4DR", p/up & drop off at 7am.

I am watching those dates via hotwire and they have emailed me that same dates/times are $23/day for a compact car, $25 for a midsize. CAA/AAA says: "This is a 1 way rental, but there are no drop fees or one way fees for Florida." So I'm wondering if I use your Hotwire or PRICELINE links and book a car &/or name my own price, will this still be true?

I am definitely married to the idea of picking up the car near our hotel and then dropping off to airport, so if I can do that for cheaper via bidding, then will do so (if not will just stick with the reservation above). Searched the forum and no luck finding any related threads, but maybe that's just my newbie goof. Your help as always very much appreciated.

PS. Am in the process of following up my Buffalo Airport/Amherst stay thread. Sadly my cc was stolen a few weeks ago and has been a few prob's sorting that out so it put me out of priceline action for a while! Will get back on it and let you know asap how it turns out. Thx for the reminder. LOVE THIS FORUM.

Neither PRICELINE nor HOTWIRE offer 'opaque' inventory from Orlando (a city location) to the Airport (MCO).

Even though Florida does not allow for one way or drop off fees, i don't believe that you can therefore just return the car at the location of your choosing, you'll still need to abide by the terms of the contract, which shows the specific rental location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]