Priceline Hotel: 3* Palm Springs Caliente Tropics

Jmack
By Jmack,
in

I placed 2 bids, my first was for $45 for Rancho Mirage-Indian Wells-Palm Desert, I selected the "Resort" star level only, hoping to get a great deal on my first try, but it was rejected.

This was a last minute trip, so I added Palm Springs, and selected 3 star and up for $46 and got the Caliente Tropics Resort. I think if I had thought this through, I could have had one more bid before this, since Palm Springs zone doesn't have a "Resort" option. But I was a little rushed.

Now, the hotel site lists rooms going for $47, so it wasn't that great of a deal; however, I had a coupon code for Priceline from the Entertainment Book (If you have an Entertainment Book, you can get up to $50 off, $10/night, check your book) so I was actually out of pocket $36 per night.

With taxes out the door, it's $93.22 and would have been $112.84 booked through the hotel site. That's still a 17% savings.

I normally use the PRICELINE link through better bidding, but since I had a discount, I had to click through the link in the email they sent me.

Thank you for sharing your result with the boar!

Also thanx for the addition for this new property to the BetterBidding Priceline Hotel List

Sorry to see that you didn't get a deal here.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

I normally use the PRICELINE link through better bidding, but since I had a discount, I had to click through the link in the email they sent me.

NOTE that you can still use the links on the board along with your entertainment rebate as follows:

1) click our link to go to PRICELINE (allow the page to fully load)

2) type the URL of the special URL supplied

3) conduct your search as usual

I'll note that for next time to make sure I use the pricline link.

But just to update on the stay, I don't think this was really a 3 star hotel. It was probably a step below a Best Western. We ended up leaving almost right away. We complained to priceline, and at first they didn't budge, but when we complained again, they contacted the hotel and the hotel and priceline agreed to refund our money.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]