Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn

rtj1979
By rtj1979,
in

I am looking for a 3 1/2 * Hotel in SF - Fisherman's Warf for 3 nights (21,22,23 of September).

I have seen that a member got a great deal of $115.

I have so far bid up to $133 and with no luck.

Any ideas? Do you think I have a chance to get a hotel in price range of $90 - $135 ? I am trying everyday now but wondering if I am better waiting closer to the time or is there no general rule?

Any advice appreciated,

Thank you

Just a quick check on Expedia for your dates shows not a lot of availability at the 3.5* level in the FW area. Did you check rates for some of the hotels in the FW zone before you started your bidding? Hotwire has 4* in the downtown areas from $300 to $500 per nite, which means something big is going on.

There is a 3* on HOTWIRE in the FW area, and it's a Hotels.com offering of the Courtyard Fishermans Wharf for $279/nite. Just keep trying, but looks like things are going to be tough. Good luck.

I did have a look but after hearing that someone got the Augonaut for $115 i thought I would have a chance around that price. If the FW area is not possible can you suggest other areas? This is our first visit and have read awfull reviews about places close to the tenderloin etc - which is the main reason we started bidding on FW.

Thank you for your comments and advice

I would increase my odds by adding USE, USW, Financial District/Embarcadero, and SOMA. Someone else can comment on closeness to Tenderloin, as I prefer the FD/E zone. What is your max per night before taxes and at what star level? I would bid the above zones starting at 4* first, and then lower star level. We'll be staying the night of the 24th at the Omni hotel for free. Didn't realize their rates would be as high as they are, but I'll take free anytime.

Much quieter than the Union Square or FW area. It's where my favorite restaurant...Tadich Grill...is located, and Tyler Florence's new restaurant Wayfare Tavern recently opened. It's closer to China Town and North Beach. read walking distance. I would check to see if there is any availability at any of the 4* hotels, Hilton FD, Hyatt Embarcadero, or Le Meridien. There is no availability at the Omni for your dates. There are also a couple decent 3.5* hotels, Harbor Court and Club Quarters. Either way, all you can do is bid, but only if there is availability. If not, then it's a waste of your time and might be time to check out the airport area.

Good luck.

Not sure if you are going to be driving...or renting a car...another option other than downtown is the Lombard Motor Inn. Close to FW, and rooms are going for $130/nite. Check out the reviews on Tripadvisor.

I'm not seeing any availability anywhere in FD. Have you tried bidding in either of the US zones or SOMA?

Where do you go to check availability? No not tried US but going to add USE if that is a safe / good area?

We are driving a rental car and leaving it in the city. When we leave it depends where we manage to find a hotel. I will look into the hotel u mentioned but might keep bidding first.

Not sure where you got the idea about hotels in the Tenderloin area, but all I'm aware of is the Hilton Union Square is on the edge of the Tenderloin but doesn't seem to bother most people that get that hotel. I've stayed in most of the downtown areas, and never had an issue with safety.

You can check availability by checking Expedia/Travelocity or similar websites, or check each hotel individually.

Are you aware of free rebids and how to use them?

If I were in your situation, I would book the Lombard Motor Inn while I continue bidding, but I would check with them first vis-a-vis cancellation policy. I would rather stay there than come in from the airport area daily.

Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it and will do that i.e motor in as a backup.

Ill get looking at the sites u mentioned as referance of where to bid.

I am aware of the rebid thank you - requires a pen and paper to work out all various combination but a good way of getting extra rebids :)

The whole tenderloin thing I got from trip advisor reviews which said dont venture the wrong way or ull be in the middle of the tenderloin which scared my girlfried. Im stayin clear of the civic centre as I read that can be a bit dodgy neighbourhood.

Not sure what's going on on these dates, but I'm seeing HOTWIRE rates in main San Fran areas of $350-450+ for these dates (some of those are discount, some are regular rate.) Rates for 9/23-24 alone are somewhat more reasonable, but finding a reasonable rate for 9/21-24 all together is going to be very difficult.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Not sure what's going on on these dates, but I'm seeing HOTWIRE rates in main San Fran areas of $350-450+ for these dates (some of those are discount, some are regular rate.) Rates for 9/23-24 alone are somewhat more reasonable, but finding a reasonable rate for 9/21-24 all together is going to be very difficult.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I know in a bid to reduce costs we have decided to stay out of the City on the 21 so only require 2 nights now the 22 and 23 of September. Any suggestions of bidding prices for these two nights?

Thanks again

Ahh right, there is not much I can do about the 22nd as we are travelling up the coast and flying on to NYC on the 24th. The 21st was ok to drop as we intended to get to the city late so we will now stay outside.

Ideally my max is $180. Do you think this is possible? I see that the Marriot at the Warf has availability as does the Best western tuscan inn.

What areas are you willing to stay in? $180 may be difficult (especially at the 4* level, where $180 is probably unlikely), and splitting your stay may be something to consider if bidding for both days at once doesn't work, given the difference in prices for the two days.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]