Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Culver City) Radisson Westside

808geek
By 808geek,
in

Need some help with this trip. 9/30/10- 10/4/10. Prefer to stay in Burbank/Hollywood area. I would like to stay in a 3* hotel or better and budget is $40-$50 a night. I've been looking at going rates and staying in this area doesn't look cheap. Although I did score the Hilton in the Glendale/Burbank area last November at $52 a night. If I'm not able to get a winning bid for this area, what is the next closest area to Hollywood that you would suggest to bid in?

Which zone(s), by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Okay, these zones would be okay for me.

Burbank, Universal City, Glendale

Beveryl Hills- West Hollywood

Hollywood

Brentwood- Westwood

Culver City

Santa Monica is another possibilty, just not sure how far of a drive it is from there into Hollywood?? If its 20 miles or less than I'll conisder that area as well.

The 'problem' is that Burbank is in the "Los Angeles-San Fernanado Valley" region while the other zones are in the "Los Angeles Central" region.

Not sure where in Santa Monica you'll end up (since the hotel would currently be unknown) or where in West Hollywood you'll be heading, but Google maps puts the highway route (which is longer but faster) at 21 miles and the local route (closer but longer due to local roads) at 12 miles... either route is 25-30 minutes, but up to 1hr 30 minutes in traffic :) )

Do you want to flip/flop back and forth between the Los Angeles-San Fernando Valley" zones and the "Los Angeles Central" zones or exhaust your options first in one region before trying the other? (it's a question of how long you want this bidding process to take)

Also, let us know if you want to include Santa Monica or not and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I gave the Los Angeles- San Fernanado Valley region a try with no success.

First bid 3.5* Burbank-Universal City-Glendale $35 +$10 reward dollars rejected

Second bid added 3* $37 + $10 reward dollars- rejected

Third bid added North Hollywood-Studio City $40 + $10 reward dollars rejected

Hopped over to the other zones for Los Angeles- Central L.A. region

First bid 3* Beverly Hills-West Hollywood $45 + $10 reward dollars rejected

Second bid added Lawndale $50 + $10 reward dollars- rejected

Third bid added Culver City- $55 + $10 reward dollars ACCEPTED

Check In- Thursday Sep 30, 2010

Check Out- Monday Oct 4, 2010

Radisson Hotel Westside

6161 West Centenela Avenue

Culver City, CA

310-649-1776

4 nights $55 + $10 reward dollars ($40 savings)

$220 + $47.52 taxes & fees= $267.52 total

Parking is another $14.00 per day. Website says rooms have a fridge, so that will come in handy. Checked the regular rates and they avg $145.00 a night for my dates, so looks like I got a 62% savings.

Happy with the turn out. Seems close enough to Hollywood area or at least within a 30 min drive. Going to Sony Studios, Warner Bros., & Pantages Theatre, & Kodak Theatre. So I don't think I'm too far away from those areas.

I used the PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]