Priceline Hotel: Resort Oahu (Waikiki Beach) Sheraton Waikiki

gomez925
By gomez925,
in

Hi all,

I'm new to the board and need some help. I've gone through tons of posts and learned all about the re-bidding strategy in terms of adding zones and bidding increments! Thanks so much.

However, I wasn't successful in my bidding. I'm trying to book Sept. 29-Oct. 5th for my honeymoon in Waikiki. I started off with $100, ended up at $120 (at the end of adding all the dollar increments and using up all the zones) and still no winning bid.

Does anyone know if the time period I selected is just a bad period or does anyone think if I wait a few days I might be able to get the price I want? Ideally, my goal is to keep it between $100-$120.

Thanks!

Veronica

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm actually a little suprised that your bids weren't accepted...

HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Waikiki Beach zone for $126/nite with:

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Childrens Activities, Laundry

I'd try PRICELINE bidding again tomorrow, and if rejected and you can bid a few dollars more, take the HOTWIRE offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you have any questions and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked this today and had posted previously for help booking my honeymoon. I thought posting this separate with the title and price would help out others who are doing quick searches of names and prices like I was.

Just an FYI for folks- I tried the first day and had bid all the way up to $120 without success. I waited a day and tried my strategic bidding again (using up all the free zones- Diamondhead, Airport, Executive, etc.) and finally my bid of $110 got accepted. (I first bid $100, then $105, then $108, and it finally got accepted at $110.)

Happy bidding everyone!

Veronica

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]