Hotwire Hotel: Where to put my rental car ? Where to stay ?

deville69
By deville69,
in

Maybe you can help me. I'm on a New England Trip for one week in october. From 10/21/10 - 10/24/10 we want to vistit Boston. For the days I realized, the most time i will not need the rental car. Do you have any idea, where it make sense to stay in Boston ? Maybe it's Burlington, Newton Area to geta a Hotel with free or cheap parking and drive in downtown with the "T". The rental car is prepaid and there is no possibilty to cancel for this time in Boston.

Not sure of your budget or plans for this trip, but if you want to stay "downtown" it is possible to find affordable/reasonable parking on the weekends. A quick google search shows this Boston Common Garage which is $11 per 24 hours (a good rate for Boston)... but you'll still need to pay high parking fees for the weeknites of your trip.

You could also try calling the car rental company to see if they have location(s) in Boston and will 'hold' the car for you while you're in town (explain to them you don't need access to the car and won't be coming/going, just want to park it there Thursday thru Sunday). Even if they don't allow it for free i'd ask if they would do it for a daily fee.

Look at the above link and also try the rental company, then give us an idea of your budget and desired star rating for a hotel and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for your help. Amazing forum !

Is there any hotel reported, where it's possible to park for free or for a reasonable price ? So i would have the oppinion, to use the car anytime I want for travel to wrentham outlet ( my girlfriend :) ) and for visting other places around Boston.

I would prefer toy stay a little bit outside, but with the car nearby. I think about a 3* and round about 75 $ a night. I think it's important that the area will be safe and nice and a "T" station nearby..

Sorry about the bad english...

Free, or even reasonable, parking at a Downtown hotel is going to be rare (if not unheard of, depending upon your definition of reasonable); but even if there were one or two such hotels, there would be no way to guarantee receiving one of them when bidding on PRICELINE or 'making it appear' on a HOTWIRE search.

Your best approach i think would be to do a HOTWIRE search for your dates and see if there are any offerings in the zones outside of the city which meet your star rating an budget criteria. From there you can take a guess as to what is offered by comparing the listings to the Hotwire Hotel List to see if you find any matches. We can also confirm what you believe your seeing and/or try to provide our own guesses for a couple which may not be listed. From there you can research what you believe is being offered to determine the parking charges and proximity to the train. Of course all of this involves a bit of risk since you'll have to have guessed correctly for everything to 'fall into place'.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and/or what you find and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]