Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Ventura (Ventura-Oxnard) Country Inn and Suites

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

Good morning,

Happy to report an easy win today; booked through the board's PRICELINE link.

Since this is the only known 2-1/2* in the Ventura-Oxnard area, I was pretty confident of the hotel. It's going for $98 on other sites and regularly is under $55 through Priceline. My first bid of $50 for a 2-1/2* in Ventura-Oxnard nailed it.

thanks to fellow travelers for sharing the info!

Country Inn And Suites Ventura 2

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't see a review of the Country Inn and Suites in Ventura, so thought I would add one.

We really enjoyed our stay at this Country Inn. While it is a bit tired in places and service wasn't really crisp, it had the essentials and provided really good value.

Check-in was quick and polite; we asked for a non-smoking king room on the top floor, away from the freeway/train side, and the clerk called the head housekeeper to confirm that a room was available. The room was very large, comfortable, and clean, and had a dressing room/vanity sink area outside the bathroom. Everything worked properly, and we appreciated the quiet of not having guests above us. The only negative with the room is that they do not furnish any kind of a blackout curtain -- there are only sheers on the window. Privacy wasn't an issue because of the location, but the street lights lit the room up quite a bit all night, and I woke up several times thinking a light was on.

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which was adequate and provided scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and the usual breads, cereals, yogurt, juice, and fruit. An attendant checked our tickets. The breakfast room is large and the hotel was not full, so seating wasn't a problem. They also serve a happy hour spread every evening from 5-7pm, with jug wine and draft beer and a few snacks; this was nice to take out by the pool. The room was a bit busier for happy hour, since it was also Monday Night Football. ;-)

I did use the jacuzzi and pool; they were both clean. It is extremely noisy on that side -- literally next to both the freeway and the train tracks -- but that's what you get on the beach in Ventura. I had to ask for towels at the front desk, which was fine.

The location of the Country Inn is great. We rode our bikes around the corner and over a bridge to the beachfront bike path. We also walked the other direction about 3 short blocks to the downtown area, where there are quite a few good restaurants and interesting shops. We enjoyed sitting on the Starbucks patio and watching the nightlife.

We'd definitely be happy to stay there again. Decent value for full price, and a steal for the Priceline price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]