Priceline Hotel: 2.5* DC (Alexandria-Old Town) Hawthorne Suites

EXIT17
By EXIT17,
in

This is my first time using this site but I have been following it for about a month now.

I need some help finding a room in a good area of Washington DC.

I have been trying priceline for about a month and half and have bid up to $120 for a rooms in the Arlington, Crystal City, Dupont Circle and have not been sucessful.

Was I too early to start this? Are most of these last minute deals? Or maybe its just a busy week. I keep seeing post of travelers getting rooms for way under $100. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I would love some suggestions.

I would go to a 2.5* hotel if I new it would be close to the metro.

Splitting the bid is not an option.

I would love some suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

You'll be in town during college graduations. Spring is also generally quite busy with, among other things, scores of school groups in town for their Spring tour of Washington. And on top of that you're asking for a 6 night stay! :)

I wouldn't hesitate to bid 2.5 in all the zones you've mentioned. One of three Courtyard by Marriotts could come up (one in each zone), or a Hilton Garden Inn (Arlington).

I'd also consider Alexandria/Mt. Vernon. There are 3 3*'s and 2 2.5*'s that have come up there, the best of the lot being a Residence Inn that's within a 5 minute walk of the Metro station. The others are not within walking distance, but they all have shuttles, which may very well be a reasonable compromise if nothing better pans out.

Good luck.

I was hoping someone might be able to identify a 2.5* hotel listed in

Alexadria -old town

Selected amenities include: Suite, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool(s), Kitchenette

Has anybody seen this one before? It's coming up at $100 per night on Hotwire.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I am looking for 6 nights

This hotel has not yet been identified, but i would think it's either: Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, or Hawthorne Suites.... with my best guess of the three being the Residence Inn.

If you go for it please let us know what it is and also please start your purchase using this HOTWIRE link.

Let us know if we can be of more help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If this is in fact the Residence Inn, I think it may very well be available on Priceline for no more than $60, where it is also 2.5*. If you wouldn't mind the possibility of getting another place that would require taking a shuttle to the Metro, I would definately try Priceline first. What you might want to do is put in a bid of $60 @2.5* for the Arlington, Crystal City, Dupont and Alexandria/Mt. Vernon zones all at once. You can do this immediately without having to wait 72 hours from your last filed 3* bid.

I have been spending too much time on this so I purchased the Hotwire Alexandria + Old Town 2.5* (I used your link)

The Hotel turned out to be the Hawthorne Suites.

420 North Van Dorn Street

Alexandria, Virginia 22304

Purchased for $100 I was also able to use a first time user code

use code GIFTCARD06

$10 off per night, max 5 nights

Thanks for your help.

I live about 2 minutes from the Hawthorne Suites and it's a great many things - but anywhere near Old Town is not among them.

It's a hotel along side I-395 not near anything. Nearest metro stop is a 10 minute drive and it's 15 minutes south of DC. If this was listed as Old Town you should get your money back, it's at least 15-20 minutes from Old Town.

Sorry to be a party pooper.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]