Hotwire Hotel: 2* Traverse City Travelodge

msu#1
By msu#1,
in

2 STARS Traverse City, Michigan August 12, 2010

Amenities : Pool, Laundry , Complimentary Breakfast.

Standard room: 2 queen beds

TRAVELODGE

I saw that there were a number of people who had questioned this 2star before but no one actually booked it, I was lead to believe that it might be the Baymont Inn and suites from betterbidding or the Days Inn from my own research.

It was neither and it was the Travelodge. This is my first real bad experience with Hotwire. While the place is decent enough to sleep for a night it is more like a no star Motel than a 2star Hotel. The breakfast was just cereal , donuts, or make your own waffles. The pool was clean but small. This Hotel has a sign in the lobby that says "beware booking thru third party websites, our price is always lower". The sign was correct! Their website was offering our room for 48 dollars a night and Hotwire charged 59. The rooms sold out before I could get thru to hotwire and they then called the front desk and the employees lied and told hotwire the standard room rate was 79 dollars a night and Hotwire refuse to reimburse me!! The Front sign of the TRAVELODGE was offering a upgraded whirlpool suite for 75!!!!! :)

I got taken. Everyone else beware. If your heading to Traverse City check with the hotels before booking thru hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]