Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown East) Delta Chelsea

catsmeow
By catsmeow,
in

Hello again....heading to Toronto for a jays game - 1 night - August 28, 2010.

would really love to try Westin Harbour Castle - Sheraton would be good too.

2 adults, and one 17 yr. old - have tried various searches, e.g 2 adults, 2 adults 1 child, 3 adults

2 adults shows - any ideas? thank you!

Downtown Toronto West area Hotel

4 star

$115/nt

Bed Choice, Non Smoking, fitness, swimming, restaurant, business, internet

90%

and

Downtown Toronto East area Hotel

4 star

$109/nt

non somking, fitness, restaurant, laundry, business, internet

90%

Unfortunately, there's no way to narrow the possibilities down using the HOTWIRE customer %, as there's nothing to check the percentages against (as there is when the tripadvisor rating is showing with a listing - and the TA ratings are not always showing.)

The 4* East is showing as a grey regular rate listing when I search for these dates - when you click continue to go to the detail page it's the Marriott Bloor Yorkville Toronto. The West property could be a few different properties - The Intercontinental Yorkville, Renaissance, Sheraton Centre have all been reported with this amenity set.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

i just checked again, and the east still comes up red - not identified. ? (downtown east)

Are you searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/0children? If so, are you willing to book for double occupancy when you'll actually be three?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

yes, i've tried booking for 2 and 3 occupants. still the same 2 4 star downtown west and east properties again today. still looking for a good deal around $100. 1 night. i've used hotwire quite a few times and happy with results. tempted to try PRICELINE tho not familiar with it. would definitely like toronto downtown south location - dont' want to be up as far as bloor. any strategies to get westin harbour castle or sheraton. i've had success with receiving hilton, radisson harbour, and chelsea in the past.

i just checked again, and the east still comes up red - not identified. ? (downtown east)
yes, i've tried booking for 2 and 3 occupants.

The Downtown East property appears in red (opaque) when searching or 2adults... it appears in grey (non-opaque) when searching for 2adults/1child.

If you bid on PRICELINE you will likely be successful at $100 or less... but the room would only be guaranteed for double occupancy. You can call the hotel and request a room with 2 beds, but the hotel may not be able, or willing, to accommodate your request (or could charge additional for triple occupancy)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

still watching...nothing new has come up on Hotwire all week. I think i'm going to take the plunge and try Priceline for the first time! Downtown Toronto South, 4 Star. Any tips on bid amounts to nab a certain hotel? Thinking of starting at $90. Would really love Westin Harbour Castle, Sheraton for location, but by the looks of hotel list - I'm thinking they are probably all good choices, so probably can't go wrong. I will go through your PRICELINE links on here and let you know how i fare. This will be an exciting new venture.

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Keep in mind that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, so it's possible that you receive a room with only one bed, i'd keep this in mind, as well as the Marriott is offered thru HOTWIRE (non-opaque) at $133 for guaranteed triple occupancy, when setting your maximum bid (ie- i'd sooner pay an extra few dollars to ensure accommodations for everyone vs. trying to save $5 by undercutting what you could get while assuring triple occupancy... assuming of course the Marriott would be something that worked for your needs)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding and travel purchases.

I was hoping to not exceed $100, but i guess would go to $110. The Marriott you mention is a little bit farther up than I wanted - didn't want to stay up as far as Bloor St - would prefer something Queen to Queen's Quay.

I'm now seeing a 3 1/2 star just added today $106. for either 2 or 3 person occupancy, which leads me to believe it's most likely Delta Chelsea. I may opt for that if I don't rebid on Priceline up to $110. I will report what I end up with. Thanks again for your help.

If you'd like us to have a look at the 3.5* HOTWIRE offering to confirm that you think you're seeing please post the amenities associated with the property.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

3 1/2 star for $105 now, non smoking, fitness, swimming, restaurant, business cent., internet, one night aug. 28, 3 people, downtown toronto east. i've gotten delta chelsea 3x in the past with these amenities, etc.

i may give priceline one more try today for a 4 star dt toronto south, $105, or may go for the above as I'm pretty sure that one's a sure thing. will let you know. thanks.

ok, this trip's in the bag.

just booked on hotwire

Downtown Toronto East

3 1/2 Stars

$109,

1 night aug 28,

3 people,

non smoking, fitness, swimming, restaurant, business cent., internet

I knew that's what it would be, but just wanted to report it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]