Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W New York

jdanielsg
By jdanielsg,
in

Hi "Thereuare" I have read some of your post and you seem exceedingly nice unlikely some pent up people at TOBB LOL anyways I been trying www.priceline.com and also www.priceline.com.sg more so the US site and I have bid up to 180 for 4* in the MTE,MTW,Times Square and CPS Zones, so now I am trying hotwire and this is what I got thats I found interesting and would like some help with.

1) 4* $180, Fitness centre and business centre at MTE

2) 4.5* $233 restaurant, fitness and business at MTE

3) 4.5* $264 restau,fitness,spa, high speed, business

4) 4* $239 restau MTC

5) 3.5* $212 restau MTC

6) 3* $187 restau , fitness MTC

I am attenting the 2005 Home Entertainment Show at the Hilton so I would prefer like short cab ride ( <$7) bucks to the location, or walkable I was at Park Central Hotel last year and it was walkable. I am pretty sure that weekend is a no go at Hilton, but some people won @ Hilton for $110 but those were weekdays just before the 29th April.

Anyways I would appreciate any advice. I would prefer MTW / MTC or CPS equilavent

I apologise if I am in advertently breaking any posting rules.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

1) ??

2) Omni or Waldorf (could be either but Omni more likely as it's been coming up recently)

3) in MTC?? if so Le Parker Meridien

4) ??

5) ??

6) Holiday Inn Midtown or Park Central (can't be sure which, same amenities for each)

If you go with any of the above please use this HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase

Your prices above are all over the map so i wasn't sure where to look for alternatives, but here are two, the first which i think is one of the best values around:

Beekman Tower for $194/nite (check out these REVIEWS)

The Drake for $252/nite

The Beekman above isn't walkable to the Hilton, but you could easily walk to 53rd and Lex and take the V to Rock Center, or it looks like there are two busses right by the hotel that will take you within 2 blocks of the Hilton.

Let us know what you decide to do and if we can be of furhter help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Shame we dunt know what the $180 is. LOL I am looking for cheaper the better but since I cant get something like Park Central like last time for 110 USD then I figure just go all the way.

Yes the $264 is MTC Customer Fav it says. Since $233 is most probably Omni and if this is the cheapest I can get I would consider it.

But I am very curious about the $180.

Ok I dunt take anything other than cabs or walk, so I figure it has to be somewhat close. And Beekman aint exactly cheap and good, well this is all relative, but its a bit too old for my taste to be paying close to $200 and even more after taxes. Plus the cab ride not too worthwhile. N Beekman is what ? 3 star ?

I'll check the address for OMNI and see how close it is to Hilton. Any info on the $180 MTE would be most wonderfull or any speculation as to wat chains etc would it be normally etc

THANKS ALOT

UPDATE: I also checked easy click and came up with some like Avalon for a total of $666 for a 3 nite stay including taxes and all and oh yeah includes buffet breakfast any comments about this location? Its a couple of bucks cheaper not walkable distance but supposedly a 4 min drive (cab) according to yahoo maps. Looks nice and its priced for a suite supposedly

Actually if that hotel is a Customer Favorite it then may be the Waldorf.

Reviews of the Avalon are very good.

You seem to have been in NYC before to know that almost anything in midtown isn't going to much more than 5-8 minutes away from the Hilton (pending traffic).

Let us know whatever you decide. (here's our EasyClickTravel link)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok so does hotwire work like priceline meaning prices could go up and down and availability is very limited? Coz I am really eyeing the $180 4* MTE, coz I think that would definitely be better than my normal quickbook.com reservation for the same price @ Holiday Inn Midowtn 57 St? So the point is if I can wait, I'll wait until the last minute and the possibility with getting something 4* with priceline.com under $180 at MTE/MTW no longer exsist. So what do you suggest?

If you're refering to the 4* MTE hotel you mention in your first post that is not likely the Millenium UN.

At the $180 price point check out the BEEKMAN TOWER. The price is $194 but there is no booking fee, so only about $8 more per nite than a HOTWIRE equivalant at $180. As well, the REVIEWS are excellent and you can cancel up to 72 hours before check-in date.

It's a little more 'out of the way' than the Holiday Inn Midtown but apparently the hotel is great and still easy enough access to busses, subways, taxis, etc... and the weather should be great fro walking at end of April/beginning of May.

Can you give us the address of this hotel, as there are a few W Hotels in the city. Is this listed as W New York - The Court by chance?

We'll be able to comment further once we can figure out which one it is.

Thanks for taking the plunge and reporting it to the board... we'll add it to the lists upon knowing the address.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]