priceline problem....

thesqueegeekid
By thesqueegeekid,
in

I had this same problem last week where it took 20-30 minutes for each bid and they were all rejected. Today, the same thing .... the new "seaching" screen disappears immediately and I get the "thank you for your request" screen.

With my free rebids .... this may take forever.

Anyone else notice this recently???

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, when bidding on a hotel in the LAX area. I also was told to check back in 15 minutes when making a bid for airline tickets last week, however the searching screen came on and then, after a couple of minutes, I was told to check back becuse they were working on my request. All of my bids were rejected.

Now, I just began bidding for a friend for Long Island. The particular hotel accpets $35, or $40 and he needs different dates .... so with this PL problem, this could take hours. Already placed a bid and have waited 20 minutes.

If I email PL to ask why ... I can already guess the uselss repsonse I will get.

Yes, tried that too and you are right about checking in "my trips" or "my profile", that does work normally but not in this case. It really does take a long. What can I say, they have spoilt us with the quick responces. I remember months ago, wiating this long was the norm.

I just emailed PL asking about the delay .... I will paste their response when I get it.

Here is the response I got .... I did mention in the email to them ... "Please do not just send me a standard "no answer" response .... I mean I have spent so much time waiting that I would like a real answer and trust me when I say that I know there is a problem or longer wait than usual."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail.

Priceline.co.uk has experienced an intermittent network outage. As a

result, some customers may be experiencing difficulty connecting to the

website to make offers or to check the status of offers they previously

made.

We do not currently have any specifics on the nature of the problem to

give to you at this time. Our information technologists are working on

the problem and hope to have it corrected shortly. We apologize for any

inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you give us the

opportunity

to serve your future travel needs.

• 2 months later...

I've had this delay a lot recently. I get the screen that says Thank you for your request, and it also has a button for some sort of Rewards program (which I think is a bad deal personally). I think Priceline hopes you will sign on if you wait long enough.

You go to click the button to see if you have won you bid, and if you aren't careful you click the wrong button and are taken to the screen about the Rewards program. Maybe Priceline thinks that the longer you sit there sweating it, the more likely you are to sign up with that program. If you do look at the Rewards screen be careful, because Priceline will transmit your credit card info to the program if you click the wrong button on it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]