Priceline Hotel: Seattle Downtown. Pikes Peak 3* and UP 8-28 and 8-29

MileHighCoug
By MileHighCoug,
in

I am looking for a 3 star or higher hotel in the Seattle Downtown area listed as Pikes Peak on PRICELINE. I was wondering if anyone had any bidding help for this location for the nights of Saturday Aug 28th and Sunday Aug 29th. This location seems to be the best for going to a baseball game and eating down at the Piers. I am new to PRICELINE so any help as far as how/when to bid would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I think you're talking about the Downtown-Pike Place zone?

If you would like to get help with a bidding strategy so please post your budget/night and your preferred star rating for the hotel.

You can start your bidding now, no need to wait. Please read this link: Should i Bid Early or Close to Arrival Date

Let us know how we can help you further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. I have some questions for you in your previous Hotwire post. Can you please follow-up this.

This location seems to be the best for going to a baseball game and eating down at the Piers.

I disagree. I went to Seattle for the very same reason and purposely stayed at the airport. A 3* hotel should be won for those dates for less than $50. (I paid $52 per night after taxes for a list $200 before tax). If you are using a car you will be charged at least $20 and another $20 at the game for parking. Safeco field isn't in walking distance from Pike Place so you'll still need transportation. A 3* in Pike Place area should be around $90 before taxes. Seattle has a nice, new light rail that takes ~30 minutes from the airport. Price is $5 round trip. A few more stops past Stadium and you are in downtown Seattle. You'll be paying ~$90 per night before taxes in Pike Place.

See this thread for the exact dates, rating and area that you request:

Priceline Downtown Seattle

I disagree. I went to Seattle for the very same reason and purposely stayed at the airport. A 3* hotel should be won for those dates for less than $50.

It depends upon your budget and the experience you're looking for...

The Airport is certainly a viable option if your goal is to commute to/from the city and see the game, but if you're looking for a "city experience", walking to restaurants and shops without a 30 minute commute each way, being able to return to your hotel throughout the day, etc, then Downtown would be a better, although more expensive, choice.

Also, up until (i think) 7pm the busses are free within the Downtown area, and will get you close enough to Safeco field to walk to the stadium.

For a two day stay i'd prefer the covenience of downtown if my budget allowed... if just heading to the city once during the stay and on a tighter budget, then the airport is certainly do-able.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would start lower then these numbers and work up using re-bid zones, but to give you a ballpark idea, you're probably look at the following ranges:

4* $100-$125

3.5* $90-$110

3* $80-$100

If you let us know what star level you'd like to try for and your maximum bid we'll suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]