Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Cincinnati (Downtown) Millenium

PL Newbie
By PL Newbie,
in

I booked on Priceline today for the first time. I think I did ok, Millenium Cincinnati downtown $60/night Aug 13th. Anyway when I bid it, it asked for the number of adults so I put in two, but I have a young child also, didn't realize the rooms on PL are for 2 people. When I got my confirmation is says I can call the hotel with any special arrangements such as bed type. 2 beds would be ideal, so my question has anyone ever called the hotel after you book on Priceline to request a bed type? Also, I was curious if anyone has ever felt like they were treated differently because they booked thru PL at a big discount then those who book at a more standard rate? Just asking because I remember reading years ago in a travel mag about how a hotel receptionist are told not to give discounted rated guest the room type they requested or go out of their way accomadate them because they have the room so cheap. I wondering if there's any truth to that.

I'm happy with the booking process and price so as long as the hotel works out ok I will be using PRICELINE again and again. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

so my question has anyone ever called the hotel after you book on Priceline to request a bed type?
Sure, many do that. But it's no guarantee that the hotel will honor your request or you might have to pay for it.
Also, I was curious if anyone has ever felt like they were treated differently because they booked thru PL at a big discount then those who book at a more standard rate? Just asking because I remember reading years ago in a travel mag about how a hotel receptionist are told not to give discounted rated guest the room type they requested or go out of their way accomadate them because they have the room so cheap. I wondering if there's any truth to that.
You know how it is, people are diffrent. And you will get many diffrent answers on this question depending who you ask. But some hotels treat PRICELINE guests diffrent and some don't. But i would like to say that most hotels don't since they want to see you again paying full price. And you could get a nasty clerk even if you pay full price. That has happend many of us.
I'm happy with the booking process and price so as long as the hotel works out ok I will be using PL again and again.
You shouldn't judge everything or further use of PRICELINE if this hotel don't work for you.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

PS. I have moved and edit your post so your stay will appear in boards Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]