Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-RN) Inter-Continental

Buckgooner
By Buckgooner,
in

Hello!

This is my first posting, so hopefully I do it correctly. :)

My wife, daughter and one of her friends (total of 3 peeps) are going to be in Chicago Friday night (8/13), for just one night. I want to get them a nice place close to shopping, etc so looking in the MAg Mile and North Michigan Ave areas. Any help ID'ing these would be ver appreciated.

4.5* (MMA) No Smoking, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet

4* (MMA) Boutique, NO SMoking, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet

4* (North Mich) Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet, CLose to Golf

3.5* (MMA) Boutique, No Smoking, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet

3* (MMA) Fitness, Pool, Retaurant, Business Center, Laundry, Internet

I really want them to stay in a cool/nice hotel, so would love to know if these can be ID'd or not.

Thanks again!!!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I'm searching for 1 adult and 2 children - is this correct?

Additionally, while I'll recommend staying in the Mag Mile-Streeterville or NMA zones, I will suggest they take a look at the shopping on State St, as some of the discount places on State St (Nordstrom Rack, for example) would allow them to get more for their money than most of the Michigan Ave. stores.

Also, I'll recommend looking at some of the trendy thrift stores in the Lakeview area, such as Buffalo Exchange (http://www.buffaloexchange.com/) and Ragstock (http://www.ragstock.com/) - the Lakeview area and nearby Lincoln Park have a large population of 20-30 somethings, so the items in these stores is likely to appeal if your daughter and her friend are teens. Again, this would be another example of places where they could get more for their money. You can read a lot more about all of the publicity/popularity that Buffalo Exchange has gotten at this link. These stores would be pretty easy to get to via the subway from downtown.

These dates are on the expensive side, but when I search Hotwire for 1 adult and 2 children, I do see a 4.5* in the Mag Mile Streeterville area with smoke-free, fitness, business, internet and restaurant for $143, which would be a possible match for the Intercontinental; if so, that hotel is superbly located right on Michigan Ave.

I'm seeing a 4* Mag Mile for $143 w/Boutique, NO SMoking, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet which would possibly be the Sax or Felix.

The 4* NMA w/golf would likely be the Whitehall, which I wouldn't recommend.

The 3.5* Mag Mile w/Boutique, No Smoking, Fitness, Restaurant, Business Center, Internet would be - I'm guessing - possibly Hotel 71.

3* Mag Mile would likely be the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza.

Wouldn't recommend the Whitehall, wouldn't recommend the HI, wouldn't recommend the potential 71. Would recommend the Intercontinental. The 4* Mag Mile that could be the Sax or Felix isn't a bad possibility, although if it does turn out to be the Felix, there have been some complaints about that property (small rooms, etc; I believe it was a budget property that was given a significant makeover.)

In terms of the best for the least, the 4.5* Mag Mile for $143 that is a possible match for the Intercontinental would be my recommendation. That's a grand, historic property on Michigan Ave. right near the river, with a fascinating history.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

I did adjust the search for 3 people. My daughter and her friend are both 19, so they unfortunately have to be classified as adults.

NOw to just decide between intercontinental vs Sax/Felix. Both SAX/Felix look like a cool boutique type of hotel... not sure if they woul dlike that better or not.

Thanks for the info!!!!

If your daughter and her friend are both 19, they definitely may like Ragstock and Buffalo Exchange, as well as the surrounding area, which is rather hip/trendy.

When searching for 3 adults, the potential Intercontinental jumps to $169 and the Felix/Sax possibility sticks at $144. When I click "continue" on the potential Felix listing and scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's a 4/5 tripadvisor rating (the image where 4/5 circles are shaded.) The tripadvisor rating is NOT updated "live" so it's definitely not a perfect/guaranteed method of determining hotels. However - at least currently - the Sax is currently 4/5 and the Felix 3.5/5. Again, no guarantee, but that would at least lean in the direction of the Sax.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]