Priceline Hotel: new 4* in (brentwood-westwood) causing issue

adfromto
By adfromto,
in

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to admins and contributors for managing this great site which I just found out. It is great to see so much information available.

I am travelling to LA during sept 11-sept 15 and based on my research, I was thinking to stay in Beverly hills-west hollywood, preferably near willshire/rodeo drive area..

hotels i short listed are (the tower, crowne plaza, thompson and luxe on rodeo)...

on the other hand, I read that there is not much night life south of willshire area where most of the above shortliste hotels are so I was thinking to stay near sunset blvd...(few hotels were there)... my range is around $100-$150 max

then someone told me stay in santa monica which has more night life but seems like hotels are more expensive there...Ive neverbeen to LA so not sure about marina del ray vs santa monica..how far they are and even if it makes any difference staying in santa monica vs marina...obviously i see difference b/w santa and beverly...

my main goal is once i am back in hotel after visting places, I can just walk around the area(cafes,hotels,bar etc) in the night.

any recommendations please.

thanks

Adfromto

hi,

I'd like to book a 4* in beverly hills-west hollywood area but now there are three other 4 stars in brentwood-westwood area which i dont want to stay there...i was wondering if i bid for $99 or so in beverly and got rejected and i add brentwood area, it might select one of those 4* stars..previously users selected that area and at that time priceline didnt have any 4 * selections... i prefer not to stay in these ---luxe on sunset, w los angeles and palomar.....

stay Sept 11 to Sep 15

any advice please?

thanks,

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If there is a 4* property (or properties) in a particular zone that you do not want to stay at, then you should not bid for a 4* in that zone, as you may get one of them (and if you bid 3.5* you may be upgraded to one of the 4*'s you do not want.) HOTWIRE would be an alternate option, as you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing.

Hopefully local posters can comment in greater details about particular areas.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]