Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Columbus (Worthington-Polaris-Westerville) Crowne Plaza North

Kassie
By Kassie,
in

Originally bid $30 for 3.5* and was rejected, added 3* was STILL rejected. Added a rebid zone and tried $35 and got the 3.5* for $35, which was definitely nice for a little getaway. I figured this would be accepted, going on the history of other recent bids in the area. Gotta say, I love this forum. =)

And of course I used the site PRICELINE link to purchase. ^^

Just returned from my stay at the Crowne Plaza yesterday and I have to say I was quite disappointed with the location. No microwave/refrigerator as had been advertised on their website (which looks to have been changed in the past day or so...perhaps they received many complaints about that false advertisement?). There is no wireless internet in the room (only wired, not that I personally mind). TV was a 25" CRT from the early 90's. Sounds carried through the walls very badly. The coffee maker had actually been placed on the floor. o_O

All in all it seems the hotel rooms themselves have not been updated in over a decade, hardly fitting for a purportedly 3.5* hotel, the 2.5* Best Western I stayed at was better quality! The hotel lobby and restaurant are pretty shiny, but the rooms themselves were quite contrasted from that.

I'm quite surprised, I've never had this much disparity from PRICELINE before. Oh well, at least it had a decent bed. =P

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]