Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Airport SEA) Hilton

PrisonBull
By PrisonBull,
in

Won with my initial bid @ $42 per night. Using this forum saved me a few extra $$$ as a few other posters won with 45-46 starting bids.

This could be won at $40 and then add Kirkland area (*2.5) if it wasn't accepted.

I am ecstatic as usual to be paying this little for a hotel that lists for 199.00. I used the Betterbidding.com's PRICELINE link as always.

Because of this site and Priceline, I am making this a two day trip instead of driving down from Vancouver early in the morning to catch the noon Mariner's game and leaving later that night.

I tried yesterday with $65 to get something in Lake Union/Pike Place/Space Needle areas but no takers for *3.5.

I will take advantage of the tips section and use Park-and-Fly parking options, Light rail to the game & downtown for $2.50.

3pm check in - Noon check out

This could be won at $40 and then add Kirkland area (*2.5) if it wasn't accepted.

Yes, I agree, I felt I could have got a lower price than my initial $45 bid. I was bidding for a friend (her first time pricelining), she preferred the more likely win over lowest price with a possibility of having to revisit it tomorrow. This is why I don't understand what you meant by 2.5* in Kirkland? Do you mean by using it as your rebid since it doesn't go up to 3*? (It is a bummer there is only one free rebid for 3* airport anymore.)

Just trying to wrap my brain around what you're saying.

Sounds like a great time you have planned at the game... you have me looking at M's tickets!!!

Have fun,

AinA

Using Kirkland as the free re-bid is what I was talking about.

I am going to have a blast down there.

Special promotion rates for Wednesday's nooner:

(See Mariners.mlb.com for more info)

Safeco Insurance Grand Slam Family Package

The best deal in Baseball is back and now you can get a ticket, hot dog and Pepsi as low as $14 per person for families of 4 to 12!

View Reserved $14*

Field $28*

Wells Fargo Terrace Club OF $34*

*Prices increase day of game. Must purchase between 4 and 12 tickets to receive discount.

Just got back from this hotel/trip. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this hotel wasn't a 3* accommodation. I am not sure why this is only a 3* as it certainly is at least a 3.5*. If there could be such a thing I would place it in the 3.75* rating. Hilton staff seemed surprised when I mentioned to them that I had been told this was a 3*. This property appears to be an older renovated hotel. Parking at the Hilton is $20 per night which is steep considering EVERY property around there advertises for less. Best choice is the Clarion for $9.50 a night and is directly northwest of the Hilton.

I didn't spend much time exploring but the staff I encountered were extremely friendly and went out of their way to assist. The restaurant sold chops and steaks ($30-50) by chef Remi DuBois and had a dress code. I spoke to the locals and found a great, little restaurant at the old, run-down Jet hotel 10 minutes north called the Happy Teriyaki. Price was low for entrees and drinks. Considering that the hotel is directly across from the light rail, a major throughfare and the airport - I hardly heard a thing with the window closed. Free wireless compliments of the Holiday Inn!

Located directly across from the hotel, the new light rail service to the city was enjoyable and cost efficient at $5 return. We took in two ball games, shopped/ate in the city. We checked out the fish market which was great.

The only possible downside to this hotel (and I am really stretching this) is perhaps feeling a little under-dressed, CRT TVs (no flat screens) and parking.

Overall I was very happy to stay there and will return in greater numbers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]