Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* St Louis (Downtown) Drury Plaza

MJLouise
By MJLouise,
in

Since we're coming in on train, and trying to do without a car, I'd like close to Union Station or another MetroLink station.

Choices are:

2* $65 "Still Getting Reviews"

Complimentary Breakfast

Laundry Facilities

High-speed Internet Access

3* $68 Recommended 95%

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

3.5* $69 Recommended 95%

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

NO internet icon

4* $75 Recommended 90%

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Or, 3* $75 Forest Park Area Recommended 85%

Business Center

Thanks!

Please follow-up your previous Hotwire Kansas thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then bump this thread and we'll have a look at the above.

Allways follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancell your trip, etc.

Have looked in boards list for reported Hotwire Missouri Hotels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

I tried to update my KS thread yesterday, but my computer didn't want to display that thread for some weird reason. Today after rebooting I was able to update it.

I did peruse the first 2 pages of St Louis reports. I found nothing reported on 2 or 3 stars down town, or 3.5 in Forest Park.

The 4* might be the Hyat Regency SL Riverfront?

The 3.5* might be the Crown Plaza Downtown?

What do you think?

Have looked in boards list for reported Hotwire Missouri Hotels?

Please see the above link to see if you find any matches for the properties above. If there is a match you're interested in we can try to confirm what you believe you're seeing OR try to ID any hotels you were unable to match.

However, are all of thise listed really possiblities?? For instance, under what circumstances would the 2* be a serious consideration, given it's much lower rating and the price is so similar to the higher rated hotels?? (if it's the breakfast you could easily achieve that with the similarly priced and much higher rated 3* hotel)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The above link IS the one I perused. I guess I am confused by what this board is. I though someone had a spreadsheet or some other more better organized information than just simply going through, individually, all of the posts from the last couple of years.

Yes, I am seriously considering the 2 star. All of these that I listed are under serious consideration, or I would not have requested more information about them. The star levels don't matter to me; those correspond only amenities, not cleanliness or suitability of the hotel for my purpose. I've stayed in clean, neat, great 2 star hotels, and horrible 4 star ones. Check the tripadvisor reviews for the Crown Plaza hotel for one example of a poor "high star" hotel.

As I stated in my OP, my first criterion is closeness to Union Station and/or the MetroLine, since we are trying to get around for a couple of days sightseeing without a car. If you can't or won't help me guess, just let me know.

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

Booked with 2 adults & 2 children. When I called Drury, they could confirm that this was 2 queen beds.

I believe this is the only 3.5* with a breakfast, so that should be a good clue.

Thanks for giving me the confidence to bid on this property!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]