pastrami
By pastrami,
in

4* NYC MTW New York Hilton And Towers

July 2 - July 5

1st bid - 75 MTW

2nd bid - 85 MTW+MTS

3rd bid - 93 MTW+MTS+UWS

reviews are mixed with this place, hopefully, I'm one of the lucky ones and get a nice room. BTW, I did some reading and it was recommended that I call in beforehand to reserve a room. Any help on the 800# or any other suggestions?

thanks,

p

Your Hilton Honors number might not be delivered to you for up to 8 weeks, but a number should have been generated for you when you signed up for the program.... get that number (either online or call the program) and write it down.

The individual hotel might not have an 800#. Everyone is cuttnig back on expenses these days and many hotels only have an 800# for nationwide reservations. You could call the nationwide reservations number and ask them for an 800# for the hotel (or if they can transfer you, but it's not likely they can/will).

If you haven't analyzed your phone bill in a while, this company GTC Telecom offers 5 cents per minute interstate long distance. Have your monthly bill automatically charged to your credit card and there is NO monthly fee! I use them and am happy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm sure there are lots of great deals offered by phone companies, but what I've been doing lately is using phone cards, from corner stores. With many of these cards, you can phone other states for a few cents a minute, and Europe is only slightly more. I like these phone cards because I can keep track of how much I'm spending on long distance - e.g. if I've used up one phone card in three weeks, that means I've spent $5 on long distance. (But other options might be better if you want to itemize long distance calls for tax deductions.) Either way, though, a call to the Hilton Towers front desk answering your question will probably cost no more than 15 or 20 cents, so it's well worth it :).

Don't bother with a Hilton card. I stayed there two weeks ago on a Priceline bid, the man checking me in refused to put my HH number into the record stating management has told them not to.

One little tip though, anyone can go up to the 44th floor and enter the lounge. So if you want a free breakfast, or snacks... :)

I'd still bother with the card. You are supposed to receive points for additional room charges. If they refuse to enter it in your record, I'll call up HHonors and let them know. When I've had snotty desk clerks tell me that my reservation isn't valid to earn HHonors points, I always point out that I am entitled to earn points for the meals I plan to charge to my room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]